Good New Restaurants

^ Oh dear God, it is an American company dealing with American political issues. You have to start somewhere with issues, and doing it abroad doesn't work. How would you like a foreign company meddling with your social issues?

Sorry wrong thread I know but I felt the need to chime in.

Edited by CLT704

Double double at In N Out: $3.45
Double at Shake Shack: $8.09

I'm still waiting for the cheap goodness that is In N Out. I like the Shake Shack burger better, but those prices are just too high. I make a mean burger at home.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/88070/shake-shack-park-road-shopping-center/
Guess urban planet is enough of a "tip" for the agenda. I reached out to both Edens and shake shack. Have contacts with both companies, neither would comment, speaking that shake shack was on shaky grounds with the state with HB2, and as closed lipped as Edens is I wouldn't have put it out there unconfirmed like that. That said... hi Ted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that..... now I want a Chicago dog.

I was responding to the opening or not-opening of the Shake Shack. Read the message previous to mine for which I replied.  I would like to see it opened, but I am curious of the legitimacy of the reason they may not open if it is the reason. 

Just stating a well publicized opinion of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CLT2014 said:

Double double at In N Out: $3.45
Double at Shake Shack: $8.09

I'm still waiting for the cheap goodness that is In N Out. I like the Shake Shack burger better, but those prices are just too high. I make a mean burger at home.

Shake shack is on a different restaurant tier than in and out tho, pretty damn good food. I'm going to LA in a week and a half. I'll mail you a burger.

21 minutes ago, HopHead said:

For all the hype that In N Out gets, I was completely underwhelmed by it when I had it in San Diego a few years ago. <ducks>

When I lived in Savannah, sometimes on the drive back to Charlotte, I'd crave Bojangles. Generally you'd hit I-26 and Bojangles would start popping up, but I knew from experience that the first 3 or 4 Bojangles were straight trash, and I'd have to wait for the first one on I-77, before the food was actually good. Maybe that In N Out is jut too far south, like those Bojangles. 

In N Out is a privately owned company that does not franchise and they only open stores within 500 miles of their distribution centers (they they have a few stores in Salt Lake further than that). They have 2 warehouses one  in southern California and in Dallas. They are building out Texas now but just announced Houston locations. They don't use frozen beef so it is shipped refrigerated and thus the closeness to the warehouses. Anytime I am in So Cal or Vegas or Arizona and now Texas I stop by.  To me it is the best fast food burger due to the freshness. And the secret menu is great too! Now if I could get a Double Double animal style with extra crispy fries and mixed milkshake I would be set for tonight! Their restaurants do unbelievable volumes in the southwest stores.  Here is the no so secret menu http://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu.aspx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tozmervo said:

You're all wrong. First and foremost, we need Krystal.

Was it a Krystal or a White Castle on South Blvd near Poindexter?  I ate there once.  Had to be 12-14 years ago.  Last one I had, though, was at Daytona, on the way to Disney.  Almost didn't make it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, grodney said:

Was it a Krystal or a White Castle on South Blvd near Poindexter?  I ate there once.  Had to be 12-14 years ago.  Last one I had, though, was at Daytona, on the way to Disney.  Almost didn't make it.

It was Krystal and I remember that also....their food sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

I recall the original Ed's and according to John Breiner, the Ed's owner here at that time, there was truly an Ed. The restaurant displayed a framed WWII Army jacket and it belonged to Ed, who ran a family place in New Jersey and was the namesake for this one in Charlotte. He was an uncle of John Briner, or something. John sold his half several years ago and went to Sarasota Florida where there is ANOTHER Ed's tavern now. I saw it while down there in 2012.  Yes, I spent some time at Ed's.

http://www.edslakewoodranch.com/menu/

John was a super friendly outgoing man who knew how to make a place work. Never the same since he left and still trying for that je ne sais quoi. Glad the owners now realize the error.

• Like 1

According to the agenda Midwood Smokehouse in the Park Rd shopping center is opening 5/18.

Also apparently coming to PRS -

"New restaurant from Elizabeth’s Custom Shop team named Flourshop that will specialize in breads and pastas."

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/89861/midwood-smokehouse-backlot-park-road-shopping-center/

• Like 1

I'm old and never go out, so I'm not hip to the latest.....maybe somebody can help me out:  We went to OGGI Saturday night, and tried to order an appetizer when the waiter brought our wine.  He explained that every restaurant is different, but there the restaurant and chef won't let you put in the appetizer order separate from the entree.  I'd never heard of that.  Is this a thing nowadays?

2 hours ago, grodney said:

I'm old and never go out, so I'm not hip to the latest.....maybe somebody can help me out:  We went to OGGI Saturday night, and tried to order an appetizer when the waiter brought our wine.  He explained that every restaurant is different, but there the restaurant and chef won't let you put in the appetizer order separate from the entree.  I'd never heard of that.  Is this a thing nowadays?

Back in the day when I worked in the service industry at an upscale restaurant, during busy nights, the head chef would occasionally request that full orders be put in all at once (Apps & entrees).  All this does is help the line cooks in the back with timing your entrees correctly after the app(s) are delivered.  Basically just prevents a bunch of tickets hitting the kitchen all at once of separate app orders and separate entree orders during peak hours. It also helps with getting your party's entrees out to the guests at the same time, instead of staggered times. However, 98% of the time, it didn't matter when guests ordered apps, usually just when the restaurant was super busy or large private events going on.  Not sure how busy OGGI was that night, but that may have been the reason.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz