Good New Restaurants

I disagree. Clark Barlow is very much so deserving.

But I’ve said since I met Joe Kindred in 2010 that he’d be Charlotte’s first Recipient. I just never expected him to move back home to Davidson, and for it to take this long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I disagree. Clark Barlow is very much so deserving.

But I’ve said since I met Joe Kindred in 2010 that he’d be Charlotte’s first Recipient. I just never expected him to move back home to Davidson, and for it to take this long.

I didn't realize the limitations of voting for Beard recipients biases the system against cities with no previous winners. Previous winners are the voters, and they must have eaten at the restaurant to vote for it. As there are no previous winners in CLT, it's reliant on previous winners coming to Davidson specifically to try Kindred. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I didn't realize the limitations of voting for Beard recipients biases the system against cities with no previous winners. Previous winners are the voters, and they must have eaten at the restaurant to vote for it. As there are no previous winners in CLT, it's reliant on previous winners coming to Davidson specifically to try Kindred. 

I didn’t realize this either.

an economic development incentive that might honestly make sense for the city to peruse would be to pay for past winners to visit town and eat a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

according to the SE Real Estate News  little big burger from Portland OR is opening first NC restaurant at Rea Farms Village Lincoln Harris's project in south Charlotte at Providence and Ardrey Kell. 

In further news on Rea Farms Village they LH anticipate 90% of the retail space will be leased time it opens later this year.  Right now the retail space is 65% preleased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'd like to know @KJHburg thoughts on the new Quarter Pounder with fresh never frozen beef

image.png.f92d2b2ceb36897327056a1ea19151f8.png

I love the fact that McDonalds changed to fresh never frozen beef because a bunch of smart-ass millennials behind the Wendy's twitter mocked them a while back.  Talk about the power of social media.  

^^^ I saw this and was going to put something about it.  I will surely test it out down at the coast rest of the week but one day next week  and too bad I can't taste test in uptown. 

Signed

Self appointment King of Burgers on UP 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ I saw this and was going to put something about it.  I will surely test it out down at the coast rest of the week but one day next week  and too bad I can't taste test in uptown. 

Signed

Self appointment King of Burgers on UP 

long may he reign

all this talk of burgers I forgot I went by the Wahlburgers site on Rea Rd in Robinson Farm Village on Saturday.  The windows were papered over but the Lure Oyster bar name was still seen above but their was the W  Wahlburgers logo.   And no I have not had one of their burgers yet.  

Signed the Burger King of UP

IMG_6265.JPG

IMG_6266.JPG

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Missmylab4 said:

FYI, I’m more of a burger on my own grill guy. However, Shake Shack isn’t that great, my mind is blown that Charlotte agenda tags it as the most anticipated restaurant.  I lived near one for a few years and it is ok to good in my book. 

+1,

Its good but not certainly not great. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

all this talk of burgers I forgot I went by the Wahlburgers site on Rea Rd in Robinson Farm Village on Saturday.  The windows were papered over but the Lure Oyster bar name was still seen above but their was the W  Wahlburgers logo.   And no I have not had one of their burgers yet.  

Signed the Burger King of UP

I really hope they have OK burgers and reasonable service.  That would instantly put this place at the top of the list down here.  :(

• Like 1

Bang Bang Bites is a great space, well designed, holds lots of folks, not too noisy but noisy enough.  No beer yet. The food was only so so (and on the expensive side considering potion size -- $25 for four sliders, two sides and two waters):

Cheddar bacon: unremarkable, but the bacon was properly crispy. Slightly too much bun for the size of the patty.
BluBacon Jam: surprisingly without flavor (I was very puzzled)
Pimento cheese bacon: My anti-spice wife said it was too spicy, I didn't taste any spice at all (probably more of a domestic issue than food related)
Fish and chips: Best slider of the night. Well proportioned, properly cooked

Brussel sprouts: pretty good (and I hate brussel sprouts)
BBQ chips: meh. Kinda stale, spice (while scratch made?) was just like you would get out of a bag.

I really want to like it so I'll certainly give it another chance or two.

Between BBB and Zepplin there was a good amount of activity. This area is really going to blow up once CM gets opened and some of the gap between these spaces and Sycamore gets filled.

The CM space appears to be moving forward but it is still at least several months from completion. Much larger interior space than I had imagined. 

• Like 2