Good New Restaurants

I've been really impressed by the remodel going on at Graham Street Pub and Patio.  One of the murals is being painted on the rooftop patio and I have mixed emotions.  It's early but the skyline is prominently featured (looks like the Panthers will be also).  Love the CLT emphasis but do you need a mural of the skyline when the actual skyline is right in front of you?  Still very impressed with the project (taking a small squat building and breathing some life into that corner).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Enthusiasm building for Shake Shack (not so much for me after my taste test in San Antonio) see review I did on the previous page 65. 

But I wish them well! https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/04/11/inside-the-lure-of-shake-shack-and-anupdate-on-its.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-04-11&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1523474804&j=80976511

Did get a chance to stop by my favorite In N Out while in Texas and saw this promotion for the 3 x 3 thought of @elrodvt and no I did not get it!  In N Out is half the cost of Shake Shack and just as good and serving size is bigger but that is just my opinion. 

IMG_8050.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tried "Let's Meat" last night. It is of equal quality to anywhere I've had Korean BBQ, once you can get a seat. The space is too small; I expect they will need to open a second location or convert to "pay by the order" rather than all-you-can-eat soon. I highly recommend it, but you can expect to wait unless you go at a truly off-the-wall time.

29 minutes ago, asthasr said:

Tried "Let's Meat" last night. It is of equal quality to anywhere I've had Korean BBQ, once you can get a seat. The space is too small; I expect they will need to open a second location or convert to "pay by the order" rather than all-you-can-eat soon. I highly recommend it, but you can expect to wait unless you go at a truly off-the-wall time.

Went Wednesday at 6:45-7ish and got right in but by the time we left around 8:30 there was a wait.  Agree though it was really good.  Our waiter did say in about two weeks they're planning to add  meats like squid and some other seafood.  Not sure if this will be part of the flat rate or the "add on" part of the menu though.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Went Wednesday at 6:45-7ish and got right in but by the time we left around 8:30 there was a wait.  Agree though it was really good.  Our waiter did say in about two weeks they're planning to add  meats like squid and some other seafood.  Not sure if this will be part of the flat rate or the "add on" part of the menu though.

Agree, the place is on par with other cities and the food is great.  We actually went last week but forgot to write about it here.   Had some friends go last night and the squid and shrimp were available last night at no extra cost.  However, they are going through some issues...Last week when I went, apparently they are having some kind of overheating/exhaust problems which cause the fire alarms to go off (no sprinklers tho).  They had to shut off all the grills in the restaurant.   Very apologetic and didn't charge us for what we've already ordered.  But my friends said it happened again last night, but at least this time they fixed it quickly and they could stay.  It happens once or twice a day.  A little hiccup, but I know they'll fix it and would highly recommend this place.  Hope more KBBQ spots open up.  

20 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Agree, the place is on par with other cities and the food is great.  We actually went last week but forgot to write about it here.   Had some friends go last night and the squid and shrimp were available last night at no extra cost.  However, they are going through some issues...Last week when I went, apparently they are having some kind of overheating/exhaust problems which cause the fire alarms to go off (no sprinklers tho).  They had to shut off all the grills in the restaurant.   Very apologetic and didn't charge us for what we've already ordered.  But my friends said it happened again last night, but at least this time they fixed it quickly and they could stay.  It happens once or twice a day.  A little hiccup, but I know they'll fix it and would highly recommend this place.  Hope more KBBQ spots open up.  

Our waiter explained it as a "grease fire".  The grills require wait staff to put water in a ring around where the flame is generated to prevent what eventually drips down from the cooktop to further escalate the flame.  Apparently some folks keep forgetting.

He did say the sprinklers are smart so they just shut all the grills off before any water coming out.  The night you mentioned no one had the code to turn them back on afterward.  I swear I don't work there, if you get Zack as your waiter he'll tell you everything you ever cared to know about the place hahaha.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoshuaDrown said:

The food and service were spectacular, we were all over the menu: celery soup, crispy pork belly, roasted carrots, Mac n Cheese, steak and a delicious pan seared trout. All were perfectly proportioned and beautifully plated.

It is only 11 am, but now I am starving! Can't wait to try it out!

• Like 1

^ "We saw Charlotte is losing its mind over Shake Shack where they can get 1,940 "fresh" calories in a single meal between a burger, shake, and fries so we decided to join in the fun of providing lots and lots of calories, huge portions, at a cheap price." - The Bottle Cap Group

#America

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

@KJHburg - Burger man should I try this? http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43802572

I am torn : https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/anthony-bourdain-opinion-impossible-burger

There is no place to get one in the food deserts of Charlotte. 

Not much into meatless burgers but hey try it.  Gotta be better than  a Boca brand burger.    A couple of my vegan friends swear by those meatless burgers but not sure what they buy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not much into meatless burgers but hey try it.  Gotta be better than  a Boca brand burger.    A couple of my vegan friends swear by those meatless burgers but not sure what they buy. 

yeah, I can eat a boca but it requires a nice bun, onion, tomato etc... so you can't taste the burger which seems kinda ..... dumb?

• Haha 2

I think the revamped Duckworth's at Montford actually has the impossible burger, or they're claiming to have it via instagram. Could have been a one time thing since it's still pretty limited. It was originally only in a few high end places in LA and NYC. I had it last time I was in LA and was impressed with it for being a meatless burger, but if I had been served it not knowing it was meatless and just assuming it was a regular burger, I would have thought there was something off about it. I'll stick to beef. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elrodvt said:

@KJHburg - Burger man should I try this? http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43802572

I am torn : https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/anthony-bourdain-opinion-impossible-burger

There is no place to get one in the food deserts of Charlotte. 

Duckworth's had it for $18.50. They might still have it on the menu. 

When Walburgers opens in South Charlotte they will have it as well. Price is $13. 

I've had the Impossible Burger twice, and in my opinion it is the best vegetarian burger out there, but it doesn't taste exactly like meat and I'm still left wishing I had just had a burger. If you enjoy beef, it isn't the same. If you are comparing it to other vegetarian burgers, then it is certainly the best one I've had.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1