Miesian Corners

Good New Restaurants

15 hours ago, sakami said:

We got one of the highly coveted 5 pm reservations Saturday night. Feeling pretty lucky!

Report?

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Went there for lunch today, it's very good. Operating at a high level already on the first day. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, wilmore said:

Went there for lunch today, it's very good. Operating at a high level already on the first day. 

on a scale of 1-10 busy how bad was it? Was thinking about swinging by there at 5pm  for some nachos. 

Edited by Crown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crown said:

on a scale of 1-10 busy how bad was it? Was thinking about swinging by there at 5pm  for some nachos. 

First day lunch not at all, probably half to 2/3 full - it's very large. I'd say if you're there at 5pm you'll be good to go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crown said:

Anything to report??

Anything to report??

I bet that Crown discovered that thickly cut steak doesn’t lend itself well to Nachos. Bet you a million bux. Their nacho pic put me off a bit, that’s not how anyone should do nachos. Needs to be marinated for hours and paper thin for nachos. Also nachos should never be sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I bet that Crown discovered that thickly cut steak doesn’t lend itself well to Nachos. Bet you a million bux. Their nacho pic put me off a bit, that’s not how anyone should do nachos. Needs to be marinated for hours and paper thin for nachos. Also nachos should never be sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't get why they're doing the nachos like that, they said it was Texas-style (guy next to me got them and they explained this when he was ordering them). 

Will say the steak in the steak tacos was excellent. 

• Haha 1

KJ has lunch at Superica today.

Title of Review:   Chef Ford Fry's new Tex Mex outpost in Charlotte does not disappoint!

As someone who just a few months ago ate Tex Mex food from San Antonio to El Paso and back I know good Tex Mex food.  The service at lunch was fantastic and when we left around 12.40 it was 75% full. Decor: simple but with huge windows bright and airy which I like.  2 kinds of salsas both very good and free unlimited chips.  (Free unlike Southbound on South Blvd)

KJ had the $11.95 lunch special with lots of choices I chose the Beef nachos and a Chicken enchilada both very good. Friend had the al carbon. Other friend had the cheese enchilada which I will get next time.   Great service and unlimited beans and rice which they serve family style.   I believe that is a good thing as it cuts down on waste and the rice was excellent with kernels of corn in it very Tex Mex.  The KJ will be back for sure.  I might to try that brunch they have every weekend.  Of course I had my camera with me.   As yes my grandmother worked in this mill the Nebel Mill when it was a hosiery mill.  Love what Asana is doing here. Plus you can get a Puffy Taco here which is very hard to find outside of San Antonio! 

¡ KJ volverá! 

IMG_9237.JPG

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9243.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

IMG_9245.JPG

IMG_9246.JPG

IMG_9247.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, EllAyyDub said:

So better than Spaghetti Warehouse?

Si! I remember the Spaghetti Warehouse and it was pioneering this area was major sketchy back then.  But I still came and ate at that other joint the Phat Burrito too.  Superica is going to do great! 

The wife and I went to Shake Shack on Saturday evening around 9:15 to check it out. The place was half full but the line was a couple of dozen people deep and moving very slowly, so we gave up. Not sure if they're understaffed, working out the kinks, or what.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I still miss Spaghetti Warehouse. I thought that trolley was so cool when I was a kid.

that was my favorite part to eat in and I was an adult!  One thing I can say about SW is that brought suburbanites like me into the city to eat and I used to think it was so cool in that old building.  

• Like 2

Superica: two thumbs up! I went to San Antonio about a year ago and enjoyed the food quite a bit but haven't found anything in Charlotte quite like it. This scratches the itch. I had the lunch special, with tacos al carbon and a chicken enchilada, plus rice and beans, and it was all very good. My wife had a salad and torilla soup and was pleased as well. The chips and salsa were quite good as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

The wife and I went to Shake Shack on Saturday evening around 9:15 to check it out. The place was half full but the line was a couple of dozen people deep and moving very slowly, so we gave up. Not sure if they're understaffed, working out the kinks, or what.

When I was there it seemed to be the people in line who were holding things up. Seemed to be first timers, who could not hear. The cashier would say "I can take the next person in line" like four times because people were too busy staring at the menu or not paying attention. 

Drove past House of Pizza on Central yesterday and found that they only temporarily closed for remodeling. Had some issues with obtaining the wrong permits for remodeling or something to that effect.

New banner outside sez "Re-Opening Soon"  YAY!!

I don't recall seeing the cool retro neon signage so maybe that gets updated as well. Can't wait as I miss my "house special" pizza. num num