Good New Restaurants

Jayvee could you explain this Dunavant concept a bit more?  The article says 2 servings of steak?  I don't get it.  Is it $25 for just the steak and fries?  Salads extra or included?  So if 2 people, they only pay $25?  Or is it $25 each?

That area between Sycamore and King of Pops is going crazy.

8 minutes ago, grodney said:

Jayvee could you explain this Dunavant concept a bit more?  The article says 2 servings of steak?  I don't get it.  Is it $25 for just the steak and fries?  Salads extra or included?  So if 2 people, they only pay $25?  Or is it $25 each?

$25 each. Check out medium rare in DC. 

$25, 2 cuts, salad, bottomless fries. 

On 11/9/2018 at 9:49 AM, Jayvee said:
On 11/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, grodney said:

$25 each. Check out medium rare in DC. 

$25, 2 cuts, salad, bottomless fries. 

Interesting concepts.  Reminds me a bit of FlatIron in London where they put out quality steak at a low price point.  Difficult to pull off.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Legion is drawing a ton of traffic to Carnegie. Hopefully all those extra eyeballs eventually help boost restaurants like this in that hidden stretch of road.  I went to Southpark Grill the other evening for half price wine night (Thursday by the way...all bottles) and it was pretty sparse if you took away all the couples mostly there for the wine.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The Stanley is not "new" new but I have been to it twice and it is a revelation in the Charlotte scene. The dining room is in two locations, one in front and another behind the kitchen so each room is delicately small. The seating area is carpeted and thus noise has been no issue at all. Lighting is just right and the décor is lovely, seasonal, and interesting. The wine list is an education including French crémant which is uncommon here in Charlotte. First plates can be enough for a satisfying meal and main courses are even larger. Presentation is as expected for an establishment aiming high. Service is relaxed and our waiter (Neal, both times) would look out at our table, see us talking and wait to come for our order. He remembered me from my first visit a month before. My goodness! There is nothing about the place that says investors are trying to grow a brand, seek a new "concept", or expand their market. Chef owned and food driven. Local sources. Mature diners in most cases. Prices that are comparable to fine dining in Charlotte. It is a place that can comfortably considered "yours" if you wish. With the Crunkleton soon opening next to it I wonder how each will affect the other.

Great review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like McDonalds new not frozen quarter pounder and Wendys burgers. Nationally out west In N Out over all of them.  Other choices around town for  a sit down burger Mac's has a good one since you can customize it.  I like Five Guys burgers but nothing really else there so rarely go.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I like McDonalds new not frozen quarter pounder and Wendys burgers. Nationally out west In N Out over all of them.  Other choices around town for  a sit down burger Mac's has a good one since you can customize it.  I like Five Guys burgers but nothing really else there so rarely go.  

Not fast food, but have you tried Fran's Filling Station for a sit down?  Specifically the California Burger?  It's fantastic!  Pinky's close second.  

Edited by steve_o
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steve_o said:

Not fast food, but have you tried Fran's Filling Station for a sit down?  Specifically the California Burger?  It's fantastic!  Pinky's close second.  

Yes I like Pinkys burgers for sit down place forgot to mention them.  never been to frans filling station. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So excited and love the mural of the Charlotte skyline with a volcano.  the new Sabor uptown.  did not know David Furman owned that building.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/01/08/photosceo-talks-growth-innovation-as-sabor-sets.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2019-01-08&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1546991818&j=85924211

this restaurant will do extremely well!  Mas excelente! 

• Like 1

Yes, the latest revision. Some reviews claim they cannot tell the difference anymore.
FWIW: https://www.cnet.com/news/impossible-burger-2-0-tastes-like-beef-really/
They're at ces. Not sure how seriously to take a cnet food review.

I’m a less outspoken burger connoisseur and I thought it was... something... else...

I’ll be holding out to try lab grown meat before I try another “bleeds like a real burger plant patty”

Honestly I have a recipe for a black bean, rice and sweet potato burger that is stupendous if I want a more environmentally conscious burger.

You can follow my cooking escapades at candc_cooktheworld on instagram. *shameless plug*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m a less outspoken burger connoisseur and I thought it was... something... else...

I’ll be holding out to try lab grown meat before I try another “bleeds like a real burger plant patty”

Honestly I have a recipe for a black bean, rice and sweet potato burger that is stupendous if I want a more environmentally conscious burger.

You can follow my cooking escapades at candc_cooktheworld on instagram. *shameless plug*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the new 2.0 version that's supposed to be so great. Nearest place serving it is DC. I'm sure someone in NY had them. Did you try the 2.0?

Funny to version burgers. Can we report bugs?

• Haha 1