Good New Restaurants

It's the new 2.0 version that's supposed to be so great. Nearest place serving it is DC. I'm sure someone in NY had them. Did you try the 2.0?

Funny to version burgers. Can we report bugs?

When did it come out? had impossible burger about 2 months ago at amity hall in the village

Reads article, oh, my bad. I’ll look for new one soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just going to pop in and say that Sweet Lew's in Belmont is creepin' up the charts for best BBQ in Charlotte.  If y'all haven't had the chance to stop by, I highly recommend it. The owner is there day in and day out working his a** off and is cranking out a top notch quality product. Love that they just season the pork itself and let you choose your own sauces. Tried them all and the White BBQ (for chicken but i'd put it on everything) stood out to me.  

They have rotating daily specials including Turkey Tuesdays / Hash Wednesday / Sausage Saturday and Fried Chicken on Sundays. Get the banana pudding. They are doing a brunch now too, so if BBQ Brisket Burritos are your thing you can get that from 10:30 on.  Go try it and tell me it's not some of the best BBQ you've had in Charlotte. I'm going back to try the chicken this weekend. 

https://www.facebook.com/SweetLewsBBQ/

Edited by Crown
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Crown said:

Just going to pop in and say that Sweet Lew's in Belmont is creepin' up the charts for best BBQ in Charlotte.  If y'all haven't had the chance to stop by, I highly recommend it. The owner is there day in and day out working his a** off and is cranking out a top notch quality product. Love that they just season the pork itself and let you choose your own sauces.

I can second this... there are legit pink smoke rings and proper bark on the meat. My wife said the chopped pork was the best she has had in CLT. My ribs were absolutely delicious, and a huge portion. The brisket was sold out when I arrived at about 2pm for a late lunch, but I’m going back for sure. 

4432AFD7-E045-42A3-B0E5-67A33E2DCAC1.thumb.jpeg.862dbb85c634c3f454d5dc20abdf0368.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Everyone knows the best barbeque is at a place you've not heard of that's cash only and open from 1 to 3 on Thursdays, five miles down country road 8, down the gravel driveway behind the feed supply store. 

All the rest are pretenders. 

Truth!  I wanted to get the best brisket in a small west Texas town of Alpine and it was only opened 3 days a week and not one of the days I was there. 

and the so called best Mexican in Marfa TX was not opened the day I got there either maybe abducted by the mysterious Marfa lights.  

now Justin Timberlake is going to ruin my Midwood Smokehouse. 

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, Crown said:

Just going to pop in and say that Sweet Lew's in Belmont is creepin' up the charts for best BBQ in Charlotte.  If y'all haven't had the chance to stop by, I highly recommend it. The owner is there day in and day out working his a** off and is cranking out a top notch quality product. Love that they just season the pork itself and let you choose your own sauces. Tried them all and the White BBQ (for chicken but i'd put it on everything) stood out to me.  

They have rotating daily specials including Turkey Tuesdays / Hash Wednesday / Sausage Saturday and Fried Chicken on Sundays. Get the banana pudding. They are doing a brunch now too, so if BBQ Brisket Burritos are your thing you can get that from 10:30 on.  Go try it and tell me it's not some of the best BBQ you've had in Charlotte. I'm going back to try the chicken this weekend. 

https://www.facebook.com/SweetLewsBBQ/

The meat itself is excellent. I'm not a fan of their sauces though. The eastern NC sauce has the consistency (and sort of the taste) of Italian salad dressing.

Meat is among the best in Charlotte, but they need to do work on their sauces. I've eaten there with others and they had the same opinion.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

When did it come out? had impossible burger about 2 months ago at amity hall in the village

Reads article, oh, my bad. I’ll look for new one soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Rickydavisfan21List of places several of which are in the city:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190108005350/en/Impossible-Foods-Launches-Next-Generation-Impossible-Burger-Unprecedented

Love to hear what you think.

9 hours ago, elrodvt said:

Mission Chinese?! What a weird place to roll out a burger. Wish I could stroll into a gastropub to try it, who can give an opinion on a burger when its loaded with oyster mushrooms, mushroom creme, sherry onions and truffle cream for $26

Edited by Guest

@elrodvt finally tasted an Impossible Burger from Pinkys last night.  It was lets say interesting.  My vegan friend in town for a friends  funeral  thought it was great.  It has a really smoky taste.  

When she rolls into town I have to find a place with vegan options and some real meat options for me and Pinkys fit the bill.  She really liked it and her vegan pimento cheese  there too. 

Took more friends to La Belle Helene and they loved it!  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Dont know as I did not even know there was multiple versions. You might want to check it out. 

I think Pinky's has 1.0. I don't think the test market has reached Charlotte.

This sounds good. From Charleston   Callie's Hot Little Biscuit opening on West Tremont which is becoming quite the dining and entertainment street.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/01/28/charleston-biscuit-concept-to-open-south-end.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2019-01-28&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1548725873&j=86315271

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another Chick-Fil-a opening in the region tomorrow this time in Harrisburg and the camp out has began.  It was like a festival over there in the parking lot.  CFA is the most successful fast food chain by sales per location  In US and of course is only opened 6 days a week!

Last photo:  Tried the new BurgerIM in town as well.  This is a California based chain that sells 3 oz. burgers by the 2-6-12 pack.  I had the two pack and the dry aged beef is the way to go.  Very good.  

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9239.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to The Manchester this weekend. https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/12/13/high-profile-site-in-south-end-snags-new.html

The food is good and the barrel aged beer is DELICIOUS.

One last note, it seems they really did a very minimal "renovation" - more like swapping out the logo/brand (replacing the Liberty branding)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scribe said:

Went to The Manchester this weekend. https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/12/13/high-profile-site-in-south-end-snags-new.html

One last note, it seems they really did a very minimal "renovation" - more like swapping out the logo/brand (replacing the Liberty branding)

I think the food is unreal. And they didn’t renovate much but the little they did goes a long way. The bar area is MUCH more inviting and less dingy. Same with the dining area

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scribe said:

I was there Saturday at around 7, when were you there? I also thought it was pretty damn good.