Good New Restaurants

4 hours ago, Temeteron said:

My friends went there and were extremely disappointed.  Did the service sucked and they aren’t accommodating for big parties 

The big parties stuff is a nature of the space itself. It’s tiny. That’s not their fault and can’t blame them for that. It’s common for in a lot of cities with that kind of concept. There are plenty of places to go for big parties, just don’t go there, simple.

As far as service, I’m shocked by that. Everyone was super nice and it was super fast minus the time it takes to make a drink, which is a while, but that’s a given. 

Edited by Jayvee

The wife and I went to see what Hawkers looked like last night, but the wait for two people was over two hours. That's absurd, so we kept walking and went to Bang Bang Burgers Southend. We love the Elizabeth location (it's our go to burger), but we both agreed that the South End location was not as good, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aloha from the biggest chain to come out of Hawa'i'i  L &L Hawaiian Barbecue is now open in Concord Kannapolis across from Afton Ridge.  The only location north of Jacksonville Fl and only location in the Carolinas!  Got there today when the doors swung open and quickly this small restaurant the size of a Subway filled up with 17 people.  There are people driving for miles to have some Hawaiian food and yes Spam is on the menu!

My Hawaiian plate lunch last time I ate one was well in Hawai'i.   From the city and county of Honolulu now in Cabarrus County.  

2 scoops of rice, 1 scoop of Macaroni salad, grilled chicken in a teriyaki sauce over shredded cabbage.   Go up there and try some and you will Mahalo me later.  

https://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

• Like 4

Retail wine shop, Venetian wine bar / restaurant to replace City Smoke's vacant space at Founder's Hall: 

"Cicchetti’s offers its twist on the Venetian wine bar, also known as a bacaro. Diners gather and socialize over glasses of wine and savory finger foods such as mini ricotta frittatas, charcuterie, pan-fried lump crabmeat polpettine with fresh thyme, parsley and dried chili, Venetian chopped liver crostinis or tramezzini — finger sandwiches on grilled ciabbatta with various fillings. "

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/04/veteran-charlotte-restaurateur-closes-one-uptown.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Retail wine shop, Venetian wine bar / restaurant to replace City Smoke's vacant space at Founder's Hall: 

"Cicchetti’s offers its twist on the Venetian wine bar, also known as a bacaro. Diners gather and socialize over glasses of wine and savory finger foods such as mini ricotta frittatas, charcuterie, pan-fried lump crabmeat polpettine with fresh thyme, parsley and dried chili, Venetian chopped liver crostinis or tramezzini — finger sandwiches on grilled ciabbatta with various fillings. "

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/04/veteran-charlotte-restaurateur-closes-one-uptown.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

I walked in this morning and was surprised to see this change. City Smoke was usually always busy. I don't see how this change was necessary. There are several places similar to Cicchetti's in the area. Not so much with City Smoke. Odd decision and seems very "basic", as the kids said in 2017.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I walked in this morning and was surprised to see this change. City Smoke was usually always busy. I don't see how this change was necessary. There are several places similar to Cicchetti's in the area. Not so much with City Smoke. Odd decision and seems very "basic", as the kids said in 2017.

100% agree.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

100% agree.

IMO, it depends on the execution.  As a huge fan of chiccehtti and tapas/pinchos bars in Italy and Spain, respectively, I would love more places in Charlotte where I can post up at a bar for a couple of hours and leisurely order one snack at a time while I enjoy a few drinks.  If only you could get a full belly and a decent buzz for 10 Euros like you can at these types of bars all over both countries!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Food wasn't good, but it would get a lot of traffic due to its location.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

What location will it be in?