Good New Restaurants

I had a wonderful experience at Baku in SouthPark area right across from the mall. This place is New York, meets Hollywood meets South beach meets Tokyo. The owner is actually the former owner of Kazba. The decor is chic and the food was excellent. The service was not so great, but I can't expect much given it was their first real weekend. The dessert was amazing also. If I can figure out how to post the pics on here I will ASAP! I highly recommend this place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suprised no one ever mentioned this opening... 

I liked Nix the few times that i Went there when I still lived in Charlotte, and I knew it closed, but I didn't know what had replaced it. Apparently "Cowbell" did. Anyone given it a try? (This opened in July with no fanfare, kind of surprising.)

http://charlotteburgerblog.com/cowbell-burger-bar/

I am really surprised I didn't say anything, I was there opening day. I may not have been a member on here yet. But anyways, I enjoy it, good space, nice inside. They just do a terrible job marketing, I walk by it all the time and it never seems crowded. It is the same owners as Mortimer's and i wish they would market themselves similarly (restaurant but also great bar). It would be a great place to get a late night or early night drink, they just never seem to have a crowd.

• 4 weeks later...

Mellow Mushroom Uptown is projected to be the busiest out of the whole company (it has 125 locations). This was given from a reliable source. Can't say who though unfortunately. They will be open Dec. 14th for family and friends and then Dec 16th to the public. The biggest thing that impressed me was the hours of operation. That store is planning on opening until 4am on the weekends! With all the residents, tourists and everyone else, delivery will also be a huge business for them. Can't wait!

Edited by Temeteron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to Nan and Byrons's the other night. Great vibe in the place, and the menu was pretty good. I got the French dip and it was not the best, but one of. The better ones that I have had. Everyone was pleased with the meal and service. The drinks were killer...I had a Refashioned (their take on an old fashioned) and a Saint's Cut (bourbon, St. Germaine, and prosecco) - both awesome. The upfit of the place turned out great. It is amazing that they turned the building that Vinnie's used to be in to an upscale feel (but not stuffy). One of the guys in the group was from Baltimore and spent a lot of time in Charlotte 7 or 8 years ago. He kept saying that there was something familiar about the place and then it hit him that it used to be Vinnie's. He was floored. Also I went to the new uptown Mellow Mushroom tonight. I'm sure everyone already knows how great the pizza is, but the atmosphere was great. They have a full bar with liquor too, unlike other locations (maybe this is a new thing...I haven't been to another MM in years). Finally, I had a business dinner at Enso last night. This place has of course been around for a while, but it is still hopping and the sushi was great. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. I still like Room 112 for its intimate feel, but Enso really does an upscale sushi joint well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Harvest Moon's replacement "The Asbury" released their menu and it sound incredible and way more innovative than Harvest Moon, which I ate at a couple times when I have been in town in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess, I feel like they built a building and a baseball park in a year haha.

HahHahaha. The Knights have ruined the rest of us for construction projects. This is a restaurant owner without the budget for hundreds of workers, lol. A year is a long time for a bar/Restaurant but fox and hound needed a lot of love even when it was open.