Good New Restaurants

• 2 weeks later...

Fahrenheit is now open and taking reservations, sounds like the scallops are worth killing for! http://www.chefroccowhalen.com/fahrenheit-charlotte/

By the way guys, I am a server there. We had 2 weeks of training and taste testing and let me tell you, the short ribs are to die for! Also, try the Carolina shank, and the ribeye!

• Like 1

By the way guys, I am a server there. We had 2 weeks of training and taste testing and let me tell you, the short ribs are to die for! Also, try the Carolina shank, and the ribeye!

How is that view? As awesome as advertised? I think this place is going to be a huge hit. At least I hope it is, love Rocco.

Awesome! I have a reservation there in a few weeks... Look forward to trying it out! 

Absolutely!!  I think this will fit really nicely in uptown. Where could it go??

I was thinking Elizabeth needs something like this. I want duckworths to survive downtown.

Yeah, I hope this doesn't go uptown because Duckworth's deserves to be the flagship beer bar when it opens there. I could see it going to Elizabeth Ave as ricky davis said, or maybe anchoring a new urban retail area farther down South Blvd, like the Healthy Home Market site. Dilworth maybe...Cantina building since we know that is moving soon?

• Like 1

Yardhouse is a nice place.  The one in Raleigh is in the North Hills (think Midtown here) complex at the base of a skyscraper.  I would agree with it being like Ale House.  This sucker is going to locate someplace with parking nearby.  That being said, I think they, like Ale House, will try to locate Uptown or adjacent.  

Yardhouse is a nice place.  The one in Raleigh is in the North Hills (think Midtown here) complex at the base of a skyscraper.  I would agree with it being like Ale House.  This sucker is going to locate someplace with parking nearby.  That being said, I think they, like Ale House, will try to locate Uptown or adjacent.  

The Base of the Lennar Apartments will have enough parking and retail space to accomodate. I could see it locating there. 

The Base of the Lennar Apartments will have enough parking and retail space to accomodate. I could see it locating there. 

They are limited on the amount of restaurant space they can do b/c of the shared parking with the existing retail, so there wouldn't be enough square footage for a full service restaurant like Yardhouse. 

They are limited on the amount of restaurant space they can do b/c of the shared parking with the existing retail, so there wouldn't be enough square footage for a full service restaurant like Yardhouse. 

A new Charlotte apartment building whose retail spaces won't be filled up by 1 massive restaurant is a new one to me! Not a bad thing. 

• Like 1

I went up to Farenheit today to look at the space for a reception that we are holding for our customers in May. They were closed, but Chef Rocco was there sitting at the bar having lunch, and he was extremely welcoming to me, and even gave me a 1/4 of the burger he just made for himself to try (he hadn't bit into it yet!). I thought that was cool as hell - the burger was very good. The view was amazing...check it out:

IMG_20140311_143635737.jpg

• Like 4