Good New Restaurants

21 hours ago, elrodvt said:

@KJHburg - Burger man should I try this? http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43802572

I am torn : https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/anthony-bourdain-opinion-impossible-burger

There is no place to get one in the food deserts of Charlotte. 

I did a nationwide campaign for these burgers, did not care for it. If I'm having a veggie burger, I honestly want it to be much different than a burger. I prefer sweet potato bases 

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, QCT1401 said:

^^ Goodness Gracious, they're just burgers people . . . The hype surrounding this place is unreal.  

America's hype sensations are bizarre. A couple of year ago everything was about "healthy" eating, a rejection of fast food [salad places opening everywhere, fro-yo for dessert, learning to cook at home more if you don't, etc...], Barack Obama as President, driving smaller cars to save on fuel / pollution, etc....
Fast forward to today and pickup trucks and SUV's make up 2/3 of new car sales again (Ford is even dropping sedans), fast "casual" fast food is all the rage,  and people have given up on healthy food in order to satisfy their cravings for more and more unique flavors 24/7 (millennials are on track to be the most obese generation yet, with 25% obese by age 29 [and it doesn't get easier to change habits/lose weight at 30+]. Waiting an hour for a fast food burger is just a symptom of how society pretty much gave up on the whole health thing and is just like "yeah, I can't work out, but I do have an hour to wait for a burger."

Everybody's got their FitBit though.... "I took 1,000 steps to walk to Shake Shack for my 1,800 calorie lunch! Look at all my steps!" Slow clap... wow.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

At the Louisville location prices are:
$19: whole chicken
$11: 1/2 chicken
$7: 1/4 chicken

Sandwiches are $7 - $12

Sides are $4 - $5

Eagle Family Meal is $16 pp, includes chicken, salad, and sides. Must be 6 or more in party. 

Google reviews range from 4.4 - 4.7 out of 5 at their locations in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Columbus. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

At the Louisville location prices are:
$19: whole chicken
$11: 1/2 chicken
$7: 1/4 chicken

For comparison, Price's ummmmm prices:

http://www.priceschickencoop.com/

$13: whole chicken (apparently no sides)

$11: 1/2 chicken dinner (SERVED WITH COLE SLAW, FRENCH FRIES, HUSHPUPPIES & ROLL)

$6-$7: 1/4 chicken dinner (SERVED WITH COLE SLAW, FRENCH FRIES, HUSHPUPPIES & ROLL)

Charlotte Agenda reporting this today

""White Duck Taco Shop, a popular Asheville-based taco joint, is coming to the Belmont neighborhood. They're targeting a fall grand opening near the corner of 10th and Seigle. Menu is simple and the 15 taco options include options like jerk chicken, crispy chicken BLT, Korean beef bulgogi and duck with mole. ""

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

""White Duck Taco Shop, a popular Asheville-based taco joint, is coming to the Belmont neighborhood. They're targeting a fall grand opening near the corner of 10th and Seigle. Menu is simple and the 15 taco options include options like jerk chicken, crispy chicken BLT, Korean beef bulgogi and duck with mole. ""

My guess is the Recess location. I was told they haven't been making their rent and they have been trying to find a new tenant.

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Unreasonably excited for this. I love the roberts st. location in asheville. hope they are ready for BIG crowds here, as we all know charlotte loves "new". 

Taco boy.... where you at? 

• Like 1

Stopped for lunch at Jason's Deli and snapped this pic. Sat down outside at 11:45 and was leaving a few minutes after 12. Now, the lines are obviously much shorter but the wait times I observed will keep me from trying this place out for a little while longer. The girl in the orange shirt was last in line when I started eating. A little over 15 minutes later she had just stepped inside. I'm sure there was at least another 10 minutes before she was sitting down to eat. I don't think I would wait nearly 30 minutes for what amounts to a slightly better than fast food level burger, but to each their own.

Also, something should be done about the Chik-fil-a right there. I witnessed three vehicles turning from the median into the already overfilled drive thru lane only to literally block the two west bound lanes for 30 seconds or longer. Tons of horn honking going on.

20180508_114909.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

If In N Out came to Charlotte forget it. 

They are all company owned and they have to have their fresh beef plant nearby.  Believe me my friends looked into it but they don't franchise.  They are busy building out Texas and they are still very early. 

You know my favorite is the double double animal style.  Their shakes are wonderful and half the price of Shake Shack. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

I know it doesn't compare to In N Out, but why are all What-a Burger locations up in Concord/Kannapolis/Mooresville?  How were they not motivated to enter the (larger) Charlotte metro area in the 1950's? 

I think they are family owned and just operate in the smaller cities like Concord, Kannapolis and there is one in Mooresville.  They are not affiliated with Texas based What-a-burger.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 8:33 AM, Jayvee said:

I figured it was going in the nice looking storage building being built, 

You were right. I only assumed the Recess location because the initial post about it said "near Seigle and 10th" instead of at Seigle and 10th where the storage building is being constructed.

9 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

I know it doesn't compare to In N Out, but why are all What-a Burger locations up in Concord/Kannapolis/Mooresville?  How were they not motivated to enter the (larger) Charlotte metro area in the 1950's? 

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think they are family owned and just operate in the smaller cities like Concord, Kannapolis and there is one in Mooresville.  They are not affiliated with Texas based What-a-burger.

Correct, my comment definitely is referring to the real Whataburger, the Texas one. 

Speaking of which, did everyone see this?

https://www.charlottefive.com/chains-charlotte/

10 Restaurant Chains and Brands People Are Dying to See in Charlotte

Not that I have a specific chain in mind, but I will add that as long as I have lived in Charlotte I have been disappointed there isn't a place to get true Chicago style pizza. Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, etc.  Even when I lived in Little Rock they had a place called Gusano's that was great.  I would love for someone to open an authentic deep dish pizza joint; not the fake deep dish that is all crust/bread, but real Chicago style deep dish.

• Like 3