Good New Restaurants

3 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Is it In N Out that has the animal style fries? I've heard those are pretty amazing from more than one person.

Yes I have had them but boy are they messy.  I prefer just animal style on the burger and with even that I have to have plenty of napkins. 

PS I would rather have In N Out than any other fast food or quick serve burger and that includes Shake Shack.  But to each his own. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

IMO Charlotte could use a second Chessecake Factory location. I could see one in Northlake, One in University, Maybe one in Ballantyne. Anytime I go there I feel like Charlottes population is there.

That'd be super. We could put it next to a hard rock and a yard house.  Maybe put some astroturf between them. Very Charlotte.

1 hour ago, Scribe said:

What part of lazy didn't you understand. Ok you made me. That looks really nice. I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you liked Fud at Salud but wanted  even more variety, go to Queen City Grounds for "Fud on the Muv's" kitchen. They serve breakfast until 11am, and lunch all day (though they're currently in soft-open, closing at 5pm).

Jeff, owner of Fud, and his employees have really caught their stride. They always have a unique dish/sandwich every day, and even when they contribute to the bakery case, it's better than their standard baker's baked goods! 

I really couldn't recommend more highly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

IMO Charlotte could use a second Chessecake Factory location. I could see one in Northlake, One in University, Maybe one in Ballantyne. Anytime I go there I feel like Charlottes population is there.

This forum is called “Good new restaurants” not “Overpriced and Overrated restaurants”.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

How about where Maggianos is at Southpark?

• Haha 2

Cheesecake Factory keeps the population under control via heart attacks and obesity related deaths that are helping reduce the American life expectancy age (along with overdose). 

Start your meal at Cheesecake Factory with the Avocado Eggrolls for 2: 600 calories per person

Then for your main, enjoy the Bistro Shrimp Pasta, just 2,190 calories

Finally end your night with the Orean Dream Extreme Cheesecake, just 1,490 calories

Let's not forget you can't enjoy a classy night out at Cheesecake Factory without some wine, so tack on about 180 calories for your drink. 

But the end of your meal, you've enjoyed 4,460 calories in just 1.5 hours! If you wanted that many calories you'd have to work harder at other places, such as eating 8 Big Mac's to get the same amount of calories as a dinner at Cheesecake Factory. 

I will give credit to Cheesecake Factory for making it very easy to see how many calories you are consuming. Very often when eating out, you aren't as aware of the ingredients going into your meal, how much oil it was cooked in, etc... the fact that so many people don't know how to cook anymore and are reliant on eating out makes it hard to control calorie consumption and maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rancenc said:

I'm surprised at the "hating" of Cheesecake Factory.  Isn't this the same thread in which "OHHHS" and "AHHHHS" were in the works due to the first Charlotte opening of a New York hamburger and shake joint????:tw_mrgreen:

Cheesecake Factory is ok maybe once in a while.  It’s def not worth waiting 2 hours for.  It’s one of those touristy places where if you have a big group of friends and they all have different taste in food then you will basically find something for everyone.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, Scribe said:

The Stanley opens tonight...

I cannot wait to try it out. The article and gallery from CBJ make me wish that I booked a reservation for tonight instead.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/05/15/inside-chef-paul-verica-s-new-elizabeth-restaurant.html

We got one of the highly coveted 5 pm reservations Saturday night. Feeling pretty lucky!

• Like 2