Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vladittude0583

Old JEA Headquarters...

I was just wondering if the proposed conversion of the old JEA headquarters building is still in the works or has the plans been scrapped? If it's still in the works, when are they going to start on it? Thanks.

^Who knows, these projects (this & 323 Duval) both will cater to the proposed county courthouse project that, according to the paper today, may be delayed indefinately. If that happens, I'm sure these projects will go up in smoke.

I'm starting to wish that some city like Orlando or Charlotte, or one of our "competitors", would take notice of our city's inability to get this settled. Maybe if they criticized us enough, Peyton would be shamed into actually doing something. So much of downtown depends on the new courthouse. I think the courthouse should remain priority-one until it is taken care of.

I agree. There are two major issues that need to be addressed right now. One issue is the courthouse and the other is the convention center. They are neccessary for the progress and advancement of our city.