NH just keeps on growing

NH just keeps on growing

By MARK HAYWARD

Union Leader Staff

Forests will shrink, farms will disappear and clean water will be threatened over the next 20 years as New Hampshire continues to outpace the Northeast in population growth, a statewide conservation group warned yesterday.

By 2025, 12 communities in southern New Hampshire will have more than 1,000 people squeezed into each square mile of space, a density that qualifies as urban, according to the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests.

Full Article Here

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Hampshire does still room to grow, but I wouldn't want it to sprawl way out of control and jam up routes 3 and 93 all the time. I think, in Manchester's case, they still have plenty of room to grow. The population is around 112,000 and it covers 33 square miles. Providence and Hartford have more people within their city limits, and they cover much smaller areas, so they're more densely populated. In fact, I've ridden 93 through eastern Manchester and that part of the city doesn't look like a city at all. There's still have room to grow.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Apparently we're not growing that fast...

Maine grows faster than N.H. in first half of decade

AP

AUGUSTA, Maine --For years, more people have left Maine than have moved here. But that pattern has been reversed, U.S. Census Bureau figures show. Full Article

That said, Maine certainly has a lot more room for these newcomers

• 3 months later...

Apparently we're not growing that fast...

Maine grows faster than N.H. in first half of decade

AP

AUGUSTA, Maine --For years, more people have left Maine than have moved here. But that pattern has been reversed, U.S. Census Bureau figures show. Full Article

That said, Maine certainly has a lot more room for these newcomers

We are just playing tag. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the New Hampshire people, but my parents live in Maine, and many of the people they know dislike people moving into the State. Very short-sighted, if you ask me. That being said, there are houses going up everywhere, and they don't even live in a large populated area (they live in the Oxford/Norway area).

Archived