Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vladittude0583

Berkman Plaza Phase II...

It is to the block east of the current tower, bound by (if the JSO building didn't block the streets), Washington, Bay, Catherine, and the River.

A little inside scoop on Berkman, Phase II: Workers were today pouring a new bulkhead at the lot to the east of the existing building in preparation for the new tower. Also, Alan Travis is in town now overseeing the whole operation. So, I would expect additional action on that site in the near future.

There was a building permit for the Riverwalk extention for this area recently. Hopefully the permit for the building will be pulled soon as well.

That's good news that they are making progress. Hopefully the rezoning process will move along smoothly so that construction can get started.

That site is 2.2 acres. I wonder where they pulled the 8.4 figure from? I would have guessed that they were rezoning the entire Berkman PUD, but phase one already has a different owner.

Either way, I hope this means that new construction will start soon.

The Berkman site is still owned by Berkman & Travis.

The sale that previously went throught was only the tower, not the hideous parking garage, restaraunt site, or townhomes.

^No, its just an undeveloped parcel of land, along the riverwalk. A couple of months ago, it was mentioned that Matthew's, in San Marco, was planning to build a second location there, sometime this year.

Has there been anymore significant updates concerning the Berkman Plaza Phase II project? Besides the rezoning permits or whatever dealing with the land, I just wanted to know if construction is coming soon to reality?

Chill man..imagine a pot smoking snail.. . . . . . thats how slow this process is going to move. I wouldnt expect Berkman to start construction until its neighbor and competition, 'the shipyards' kicks it into high gear. Once interest in the shipyards raises, berkman will be the first to capitalize off of its prime location 'next to' the shipyards...therefore boosting its sales. I think the stuff that they are releasing now is just to keep the buzz out that "hey, we still exists! Berkman isnt dead yet!" But if I hear anything i'll let you know.

I believe that there was some stipulation that they must start sometime in 2006 (5 years after first breaking ground). So, we will see.

Does anyone know what plazaII will look like? Will it be a twin tower sort of thing, compliment the first, or be completely different? ...and how about in terms of height?