meeting people

twogoodfeet

HI!

I'm wondering what you, grand rapids experts, have to say about meeting people and finding people in our fair city.

How do you go about doing it? Where do you go to do it?

I have never been a social butterfly--and now as I get older--it is becoming increasingly important that I do so.

thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice is this: don't worry about meeting people. Just concentrate on doing the things you love to do in your favorite places designated for them -- make yourself happy! Then, one day while you're doing that, look up and notice all the other people who love doing those things, too. Yoga, going to theatre, dive bars, the dog park, playing frisbee golf, hanging out at the local Republican Party headquarters (or, if you prefer, joining the local anti-war protests downtown), a church or temple or mosque (we do have one) that works for you, a favorite coffee shop, a favorite walking path, a favorite health club: all good things/places to start.

That said ... is this an fair topic for this forum?

hanging out at the local Republican Party headquarters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yeah the corner of Fuller, and Michigan is a real swinging location

*snicker* *giggle* hahaha

If I were looking for someone to meet, the last place I'd go is that little office on fuller and michigan :P that being said there are lots of locations just to go out and have fun with other people. I personally like to go to all over the place when I hit downtown. one day it might be a bar on monroe, another it might be a danceclub on grandville. It all depends on my mood :P

Archived