55 West

Tim3167

I'm curious aboth the reference from the Sentinel last week that the number of condos is up to 405 for the 32 story tower. The number of units for this tower was originally 248 then raised to 363 in the spring by getting rid of the office component and the health club. Now the number is 405?! What's gone now, the lobby?

I'm curious aboth the reference from the Sentinel last week that the number of condos is up to 405 for the 32 story tower. The number of units for this tower was originally 248 then raised to 363 in the spring by getting rid of the office component and the health club. Now the number is 405?! What's gone now, the lobby?

It is going to wind up looking like the Vehicle Assembly Building.

New info on this is the building now has 34 floors and they just pulled building permits on Tuesday.

Sounds like this is moving along now!!!!!

Welcome to the forum jcast, So 55 West now has 34 floors. Thats good news. Do you know how many feet this will be? And anything new on the final design?

New info on this is the building now has 34 floors and they just pulled building permits on Tuesday.

Sounds like this is moving along now!!!!!

It all sounds great, but this is 55W. Can you site a source or something? When you say they pulled the permit im assuming that your saying that they turned in their application? In all reality the city has up to 3 months to issue an actual permit.

It all sounds great, but this is 55W. Can you site a source or something? When you say they pulled the permit im assuming that your saying that they turned in their application? In all reality the city has up to 3 months to issue an actual permit.

The permit was issued and they paid for it. Now they just have to build the darn thing. (After they tear dowm thr garage of course)

I went to the DDB "What's up Downtown" meeting this morning. They did there slide show and when they came to 55w, the gentleman presenting, ask another gentleman who id'd himself as an electrical engineer for the city who said they pulled their permits and should be starting construction soon. After that the presenter said it has aslo changed to 34 floors.

Also... after the meeting I caught the gentleman outside in the hallway and expressed my excitement and he said yeah finally it was going to be built. I asked him about Ridgley and he said that they are wavering and that he talked to them this morning to try to get them to still build it.

"What's Up Downtown" is the 1st Thursday of every month and you can contact Char @ 407 246-3753 to RSVP. The next meeting is Dec. 1st

I went to the DDB "What's up Downtown" meeting this morning. They did there slide show and when they came to 55w, the gentleman presenting, ask another gentleman who id'd himself as an electrical engineer for the city who said they pulled their permits and should be starting construction soon. After that the presenter said it has aslo changed to 34 floors.

Also... after the meeting I caught the gentleman outside in the hallway and expressed my excitement and he said yeah finally it was going to be built. I asked him about Ridgley and he said that they are wavering and that he talked to them this morning to try to get them to still build it.

"What's Up Downtown" is the 1st Thursday of every month and you can contact Char @ 407 246-3753 to RSVP. The next meeting is Dec. 1st

Soon. I love it when people use that word for the status of 55W. Its just so.....descriptive.

Jcast???? :rofl: That's me!!!! Do not discount the info I am sharing because of the amount of time I've been a member or the amount of post I have made. I was at that meeting this morning and that's what was said.

I know soon is not very definitive, but that's what the engineer stated. I know there have been on again off agains with this building thus your frustration with soon. But I'm taking the optimistic view and hoping he meant in the next few weeks.

Go Magic!!!!

Jcast???? :rofl: That's me!!!! Do not discount the info I am sharing because of the amount of time I've been a member or the amount of post I have made. I was at that meeting this morning and that's what was said.

I know soon is not very definitive, but that's what the engineer stated. I know there have been on again off agains with this building thus your frustration with soon. But I'm taking the optimistic view and hoping he meant in the next few weeks.

Go Magic!!!!

Nobody is discounting the validity of your story. The amount of time that you have been on here doesn't matter one way or another. Provided that you were quoting someone when using the word "soon", I was taking aim more at that person. There is aboslutely no doubt in my mind this thing gets built. In fact, I think I speak for most when I say that a date, really, wouldn't amount to much. Very rarely does anything in this business happen on a set date. 55W becomes reality when the existing structure becomes a pile of ruble.

Go Magic!!!

Why all this stagnancy lately??? In the beginning of the year, it seemed as if a new highrise was being "proposed" every week. Now, here we are, at the end of 2005, and the only progress I've seen is The Plaza and The Vue (which are both, thankfully, coming along nicely). No, I didn't forget the other LowRise projects (Sanctuary, Fed courthouse, FAMU, etc).

I guess I'm just impatient. However, it seems Jax & Miami are getting their highrises much more quickly than we are.