55 West

Tim3167

I walked by the site too on Sat. morning and I actually thought I spotted some good progress. There was one of the foundation pile drilling machines on site. There was also activity building the rebar components of these foundation piles. Also lots more materials on site. All in all to me this seems pretty consistent with the progress with all other projects we have seen in this stage. I was actually pleased to see there was no real delay between demo and foundation work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i live in altamonte springs and go to ucf. when i leave for class in the morning, traffic is better if i take 436 out toward the campus, but i always merge onto i-4 and take the longer route to see if anything has changed. nothing visually new on that site other than what Tim 3167 posted recently in this thread.

true regarding heights. Oddly enough, there have been alot of new bldgs. in the '80's in the Chicago Loop area that were below 500' and were award-winning designs; its as if they were concentrating on infill as well regardless of height issues. Of course there were others that were over 800' tall as well.

at this pace my childrens' children's. children should get to see the 1st floor completed.... :cry:

Actually, the first one went up at the beginning of last week, around May 1 or 2. They might have all of them in place by mid-June-- it depends if they start speeding up the process (yeah right...).

Update 4/15/2006

dsc16236eg.jpg

Awesome pictures, Tim. The last one in your series shows the excavation around the pile group in what, if memory serves, is the southwest corner of the property. Looks like they're getting ready to pour in the concrete for the pile cap there.