55 West

Tim3167

the educated base of downtown?? what percentage is 'educated'? and to what level does that imply?

i understand what you're saying though. i'm just giving you are hard time for saying it.

they aren't going to see the 'art' films at the dmac right now and that is why we may be losing the dmac. and the amstar is going to be screening your usual hollywood fare.

it would be really nice to have the dmac stay in place and have the blockbuster hollywood movies around the block. i hope ucf and the city don't drop it altogether.

real butter? that would nice.

Ritz Theaters

Wow. The Ritz theaters are still there. You see, they play the standard Hollywood stuff, but also play a lot of art films. That's what they need to do with the new theater at the Plaza.

"Educated". hehe.... I'm pretty sure that in order to afford any of these condos downtown, one would need some kind of education.

I'm saying that there will be a demographic living in these new condos that this theater should cater to. I think the way to cater to this crowd would be to bring in some art films and show them in a nice theater.

Having real butter wouldn't hurt either. :D I've always wondered if I could stop buy Enzian to just pick up some popcorn with real butter. Mmmmmmm...

Wow. The Ritz theaters are still there. You see, they play the standard Hollywood stuff, but also play a lot of art films. That's what they need to do with the new theater at the Plaza.

"Educated". hehe.... I'm pretty sure that in order to afford any of these condos downtown, one would need some kind of education.

I'm saying that there will be a demographic living in these new condos that this theater should cater to. I think the way to cater to this crowd would be to bring in some art films and show them in a nice theater.

Having real butter wouldn't hurt either. :D I've always wondered if I could stop buy Enzian to just pick up some popcorn with real butter. Mmmmmmm...

It would be cool to have a bar/restaurant at the Esplanade with drinks named after the previous tenants, i.e. a Howl at the Moon Daiquiri Shot or Jungle Jim's Blast, On second though trademarking would stop that.

It would be cool to have a bar/restaurant at the Esplanade with drinks named after the previous tenants, i.e. a Howl at the Moon Daiquiri Shot or Jungle Jim's Blast, On second though trademarking would stop that.

Kind of like the little corner store shop on Amelia and I think Cathcart. They make sandwiches named after the local streets.

Not very tall hell! It looks like the crane in front of the LEGO store at Downtown Disney.

true that. I think its b/c they need to latch the crane every so many feet for stability to the bldg. as it goes up. or maybe its a preliminary assembly for now and they'll raise it some next week. It was operating an hour ago though.

I haven't seen the crane, nor do I know much at all about construction, but I'll throw a theory out there to see if it sticks. Could the reason be because the crane is going up right at the beginning of hurricane season, without any 55 West structure to attach it to for support, and they are keeping it short for the time being to make it less susceptible to high winds?

When I went through Hurricane Hugo in Puerto Rico, a tower crane was blown down and landed on a friend's house.