55 West

Tim3167

Alright HardHatGirl, time to pay the piper. Between you and I, what's up with the hotel? If you want we'll change its name kind of like we're talking in code. We can call it "Green Orchid".

Where are you guys at with the drawings 80%? 90%? Giving that up is nothing, I could call Triangle for that. Have you presented a GMP.

Remember its just me and you talking. If you want I'll trade you mine if you trade me yours.

"Green Orchid" :lol: nice. don't exactly need my NSA decoder ring for that.

Edited by pip

They have just trucked in 4 more crane sections, 2 on each truck, 2 have been placed near the 2nd crane.

Yeah, I saw them too, right under Church St. overpass.

Also, Crane 2 has 2 or more sections added since yesterday, and Crane 1 is, well, tall now.

Yeah, I saw them too, right under Church St. overpass.

Also, Crane 2 has 2 or more sections added since yesterday, and Crane 1 is, well, tall now.

All the sections for crane 2 were added this morning, it was still the same old one section as of 7:30am this morning when i came into my office 15th floor wachovia bldg central and orange.

All the sections for crane 2 were added this morning, it was still the same old one section as of 7:30am this morning when i came into my office 15th floor wachovia bldg central and orange.

Do they actually have the crane on top of crane tower 2 or is it just the supports they're building for now?

Edited by bulldogger

They are currently working on the actual crane (cab) itself, looks like they are getting ready to lift that part up and attach it right now. Maybe they will be done with the 2nd crane or most of it by tomorrow morning.

Do you think they will then raise it to the height of the 1st crane?

I dont know. I haven't seen either of them today so I'm not even sure where the first one is now. If it was me I would take them both higher than where I saw the first one yesterday. This can be an expensive process between crew mobilizations, crane time, etc. You want to minimize the amount of times that you have to do this.

Im gonna go down there tonight to look.

Edited by orlandonative

Went by today and saw about 4 pieces I think left on the ground. Looks like the north one still will be raised in the coming days.
I noticed the other day from my office window, 7 crane sections sitting next to "stumpy". Right now they are starting to insert those crane tower sections and it looks as if "stumpy" may not be "stumpy" for much longer.

Crane 2 is still adding sections and it looks about as tall as the North Tower of the Plaza (at least from across Lake Eola).
Well "stubby" has grown up and looks as if he is as tall as his the south crane now, i cant tell from my angle in my office here on the 15th floor wachovia building. from here the north crane seems taller than the south crane now.