55 West

Tim3167

I just drove by today and they are actually only on floor 2 right now. The first 2 floors are around 20 ft each though. It may be different from the Pine Street side. I was driving on Church.

yeah. on the Pine street side, they capped off the 3rd level and you can see the rebar sticking up for the 4th level already.

I tell ya what, from here forward is where this thing will start making a visual impact on the skyline. Once the 4th level is topped off, it will be totally visible from I-4 and every week that passes will just add to the effect. its been a long wait.

• 3 weeks later...

They should be completing roughly one floor every week to week and a half at this point.

at this rate, by December, this will be visible from many angles from I-4. its amazing; this and Dynetech are both taller than Solaire; imagine the double whammy of a visual impact DT will get when these two towers rise simultaneously. And to boot, by Jan. or Feb., TT might be breaking ground like they say.

What is happening on the other side of Chruch Street?

For many months, they had this entire area blocked off to what I assume was a renovation to complement the Esplanade when all is done

Has the other side of the street progressed or is that in some kind of limbo like delay waiting for the tower to catch up?

at this rate, by December, this will be visible from many angles from I-4. its amazing; this and Dynetech are both taller than Solaire; imagine the double whammy of a visual impact DT will get when these two towers rise simultaneously. And to boot, by Jan. or Feb., TT might be breaking ground like they say.

Seems like TT is very much in doubt now. Check the TT thread.

Very much in doubt feels a bit strong. I just got the feeling it isn't a foregone conclusion that this thing is being built. The irony is that the article in the OBJ was meant to bring attention to The University Club's temporary digs while Tradition Towers is built.

Very much in doubt feels a bit strong. I just got the feeling it isn't a foregone conclusion that this thing is being built. The irony is that the article in the OBJ was meant to bring attention to The University Club's temporary digs while Tradition Towers is built.

Yeah, I just read the article and it's not quite as negative as reported. Still, not as optimistic as we were previously led to believe.

What is happening on the other side of Chruch Street?

For many months, they had this entire area blocked off to what I assume was a renovation to complement the Esplanade when all is done

Has the other side of the street progressed or is that in some kind of limbo like delay waiting for the tower to catch up?

Everyone is dragging their feet until the towers catch up. I know someone who's going to build out one of the new restaurants. They're ready to go, but it doesn't make sense to be ready six months early and have all the operating expenses without the customers. All these pojects will start opening up within months of each other. As soon as the Vue and Plaza are finished and Paramount and 55W are about done a lot of the planned restaurants, etc... will start opening. It will be a dramatic difference with the new residents and new businesses opening about the same time. This will create a buzz downtown that people will want to be a part of and it will just feed off the energy. That's when you'll see even more people get excited and want to live downtown. I think we'll see a second round of condo construction kick off after that with some of these projects sitting on the fence now.

Everyone is dragging their feet until the towers catch up. I know someone who's going to build out one of the new restaurants. They're ready to go, but it doesn't make sense to be ready six months early and have all the operating expenses without the customers. All these pojects will start opening up within months of each other. As soon as the Vue and Plaza are finished and Paramount and 55W are about done a lot of the planned restaurants, etc... will start opening. It will be a dramatic difference with the new residents and new businesses opening about the same time. This will create a buzz downtown that people will want to be a part of and it will just feed off the energy. That's when you'll see even more people get excited and want to live downtown. I think we'll see a second round of condo construction kick off after that with some of these projects sitting on the fence now.

This is exactly why TT will get built :thumbsup:

I'm getting very excited about this project. coming east on I-4 you can see this thing big time now-- at least the western portion of the tower. Give it 2 more weeks, though. very exciting.

I saw it this evening coming home on the 408 on ramp heading east off of I4, I often wonder if people driving next to me stare at me for rubbernecking for no reason, Im gonna end up rearending someone with all these buildings going up now! <_<