55 West

Tim3167

Hello All

I'm new to the forum, and whats more, I'm a horrible photographer. Still, I wanted to contribute, so I took a few pictures today. They are probably horrible quality, but its something. I'll take more in better lighting tomorrow perhaps.

It looks like they're pouring a wall here.

294011237_2e19f50ecd_b.jpg

294011233_60001247fa_b.jpg

294011230_443d9cbf0a_b.jpg

294011228_4e0e45dc51_b.jpg

294011231_3fb16e25ef_b.jpg

Actually, I had several I took of the front of the building, but I guess my batteries died or something, because they aren't on the card.

In retrospect, I apologize for posting such horrible pictures. In the future, I won't post a picture unless it possesses some positive quality. Or if you can make out what you're looking at.

Edited by Katalysator

Thank you. When I first posted them, they were kinda small, and you really couldn't make anything out, but I figured out how to post the larger versions, and except for the one where I tried to zoom on the concrete being poured for the wall, and how dark the wall picture is, I'm happy with them. I'll take some better ones tomorrow. In the daylight even. With a fully charged phone!

Thank you. When I first posted them, they were kinda small, and you really couldn't make anything out, but I figured out how to post the larger versions, and except for the one where I tried to zoom on the concrete being poured for the wall, and how dark the wall picture is, I'm happy with them. I'll take some better ones tomorrow. In the daylight even. With a fully charged phone!

Your pictures are fine and contribute greatly to documenting of what's happening around town. All the photos we post now will undoubtedly become part of some historical archive somewhere in the state. Welcome to the boards.

You took those pictures with a camera phone? That's impressive...

Actually, its a regular digital camera, 2 megapixels. Nothing much, but I know how excited I am when I see pictures on here and I can see the progress, icons in their infancy.

I have two kids, maybe I'll use that as an excuse to buy a better camera.

According to the Suite Floorplans on fiftyfivewest.com, they are advertising these as large restaurant suites with a 14 ft ceiling. I imagine its just a selling point to allow restaurant developers to develop a grander atmosphere.

I'm thinking ornate hanging light fixtures, elaborate high-hung curtains, that sort of thing.

Hi,

I am new in the forum.

I have some questions:

How are the sales of the 55 west apartments?

How are changed the prices of the units due to the construction delay?

What are the acceptable conductions to sell a units before construction be completed?

they are pretty well sold...i think more than 80%

the prices have gone up like crazi as to were it is unaffordable now.

i dont think you can sell a unit before completion...if u can find a buyer

also....i think you would find alot more better deals in the solaire...which will be ready to move in january...if you are looking for a condo in downtown...buddy of mine has one he wants to sell in the solaire...hes offering a good deal with prices below market

These are great photos, regardless of the digital quality issue

It's so hard to believe that as recently as a year ago, we were decrying this place, saying it's been a waste of time, a wasted opportunity, a terrible business model compared to the VUE and PTP

Just look at it now, so beautiful a sight to see it slowly rising towards the sky

It's all worth it guys, we're about to have an amazing downtown

I do have to agree with the guy from the prior post about the nostalgia factor of what once was

As a past frequent guest of Pizzeria Uno, Jungle Jim's and most importantly, Howl at the Moon, I can't help but weep a little for those old days of Chruch Street Station and just how good I felt being there whenever I could

Having said that, what is coming and what it will eventually bring to downtown is a wonderful thing and I am thrilled beyond words over this

Times change and finally, at long last, downtown Orlando is changing with the times and it is finally for the better

Viva 55 West!!!!