55 West

Tim3167

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunately... I think it already has topped off. bent rebar on the eastern face. they are currently building the last two-level set before the crest goes on top... you can tell from the Church St. side b/c the floor plates are detatched from the poles (he said pole) on floor 30 or 31 before the final roof plate above 31 or 32.

so, the roof only goes as far up as the brown granite on Suntrust... I though it would have gone up two more Suntrust levels in height. BUT, I could be wrong.

I see that they have yet to do anything to the bridge that span above Church street. Redstar told us they are going to expand it to put a restaurant in it.

I think they should turn it into some kind of post modern Mad Max pleasure palace, with gas flaring off the top of the bridge, girls and guys dancing above the street in leather, some nasty looking sharp objects on the bottom...

Like the entrance to Tina Turner's bartertown.

But they haven't implemented any of my ideas yet. It'll probably be another steakhouse or shot bar.

I think they should turn it into some kind of post modern Mad Max pleasure palace, with gas flaring off the top of the bridge, girls and guys dancing above the street in leather, some nasty looking sharp objects on the bottom...

Like the entrance to Tina Turner's bartertown.

But they haven't implemented any of my ideas yet. It'll probably be another steakhouse or shot bar.

damn, no hotlinking allowed!

I am really starting to fall in love with 55W, the color is very nice. I too want to see some before/after shots of the downtown, it's really starting to fill in.

damn, no hotlinking allowed!

I am really starting to fall in love with 55W, the color is very nice. I too want to see some before/after shots of the downtown, it's really starting to fill in.

ahh I had to settle on a pic of someone's lame recreation of the geodesic dome that they fight in 'Bartertown', built during 'Burning Man'. So you didn't miss much.

I see that they have yet to do anything to the bridge that span above Church street. Redstar told us they are going to expand it to put a restaurant in it.

From what I could see in the rendering, it looked like they are going to flatten the roof and take the red brick off of it.

Personally I'd like form them to leave it alone.

And it already had a restaurant in it before, so I don't think they'd have to expand it, unless they add another level maybe.

Edited by JFW657

Has anyone noticed that some units for 55WEST have increased recently in square footage on their site. At least the EOLA and Phillips models have by about 50 sqft. I think this is the first time that I have seen that a builder is adding instead of subtracting after what is stated in initial contracts.