55 West

Tim3167

Has anyone noticed that some units for 55WEST have increased recently in square footage on their site. At least the EOLA and Phillips models have by about 50 sqft. I think this is the first time that I have seen that a builder is adding instead of subtracting after what is stated in initial contracts.

That's pretty weird, my unit the Delaney grew from 1212 to 1242. The PDF floor plan of the unit shows the rooms at the same size as before. Are they playing sq ft games? Now my fees will be higher since they're based on sq ft.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard from a couple of sources that due to the death of a primary investor of 55 West as well as some other financial difficulties, that 55 West is going to be refunding deposits and moving forward as apartments. This doesn't sound logical to me, so I need someone to confirm to deny these rumors. If true, this is going to leave a lot of people scrambling this far into construction.

I've heard from a couple of sources that due to the death of a primary investor of 55 West as well as some other financial difficulties, that 55 West is going to be refunding deposits and moving forward as apartments. This doesn't sound logical to me, so I need someone to confirm to deny these rumors. If true, this is going to leave a lot of people scrambling this far into construction.

So, is this a joke or is this refunding of deposits for real?

Who was this primary 55W investor that died?

anyone know anything about the "other" walk bridge on the other side (over the tracks connecting up to the Exchange building)?

I had initially thought it would connect up to the 55W parking garage, but it's becoming pretty obvious its not going to, just from the way construction seems to be ingoring any sort of connection.

So what's the deal, this thing just going to dead-end and sit above the tracks or what? :dontknow:

anyone know anything about the "other" walk bridge on the other side (over the tracks connecting up to the Exchange building)?

I had initially thought it would connect up to the 55W parking garage, but it's becoming pretty obvious its not going to, just from the way construction seems to be ingoring any sort of connection.

So what's the deal, this thing just going to dead-end and sit above the tracks or what? :dontknow:

I don't know anything for sure, but I thought it was supposed to connect to the 3rd floor art gallery.

I really appreciate them displaying that Christmas reef! It adds a nice touch to the building during this construction phase.

The wreath looks nice. I recall last year almost all the cranes had colored lights on them and Christmas trees on top of the buildings under construction. Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

The guy who died was the owner of Euro American Advisors, the developer of 55 West. That much I know for sure. They now got a couple of sleezeballs running their corporate head office somewhere over in Europe, mainly working their own personal agenda so it's anybody's guess as to what 'll happen. Yeah, heard some serious rumours too about financial troubles but not sure exactly what they consist of. I'm positive both the investors and condo owners would love to know the score! Apparently everyone is being kept in the dark. Anybody knows something more about this since the last posting on this a few weeks ago?? :dunno: