55 West

Tim3167

Nope, not part of a chain, a true local mom-n-pop.

Ace is a brand marketing co-op/association that individual owners pay to join so they can display a recognizable name, have access to buying Ace branded products at lower prices for their stores, get local and regional Ace co-op advertising, etc.

The family that owns the Orange Ave. store owns two others here in Central Florida as well.

Isn't that commonly known as a "franchise"?

That is more or less how most large hotels operate, too.

Isn't that commonly known as a "franchise"?

That is more or less how most large hotels operate, too.

Yes and no, though as I understand it Ace is not really a typical franchise [though it may still technically or legally be one[?]], it is more of a cooperative.

The local owners pay no franchise fees or royalties and after expenses the national organization [or whatever it is called] pays any profits back to the individual store owners.

Edited by Camillo Sitte

We flew back into OEA this morning and it kind of looked like they had applied a very dark orange color the full height of the front reveal. Can anyone confirm that? It also looks like a majority of the structural steel framing for the roof is being erected.

The project looks great. Hats off to everyone at PCL.

We flew back into OEA this morning and it kind of looked like they had applied a very dark orange color the full height of the front reveal. Can anyone confirm that? It also looks like a majority of the structural steel framing for the roof is being erected.

yep. the front left-- all the way down to the molding level.

Positive words for another GC? Wow, I am amazed!

just received this today:

January 30, 2008

Hello, we wanted to keep you informed on the progress of 55 West as a follow up to the previous press release.

Grosse Pointe Development, the new Developer, is in process of making great decisions for the tower. At this point, it is looking very likely that the tower will be turned into mixed use with the West side being converted to a hotel. For the buyers who bought on the West side, you would be moved to an equivalent unit type on the East side, which is viewed as more desirable. A great asset is that the hotel would provide a variety of services which would be available to the condo owners. The two sides would be separate and exclusive to each use, but condo owners would benefit from shared amenities and services. This type of project has worked very well in many downtowns across the country.

We appreciate your patience as to there are still many details to be determined. We will definitely keep you informed.

Grosse Pointe anticipates residential condo closings to begin in the last quarter of 2008. Buyers can receive deposits plus interest back at this time and or with the release of the new condo documents within the next few months. If you wish to keep your contract, the Developer will honor your original contract. We will work with you individually for the placement of your condo once we have all the proper information.

Grosse Pointe Development has great expertise and success in building high rise condominiums and mixed-use projects. They are definitely an asset to this project and Orlando. Together with their professionalism, knowledge and experience, our team is the committed to making 55 West a great place to live and a landmark in downtown Orlando. At this time, we are trying to get a count for the Developer so that they can make the proper decisions as to those who would like to cancel or keep their contract. Please email: [email protected] or [email protected] with your intent. We know that many of you have contract prices that are below current market pricing and we are happy to provide an analysis of your price as compared to the current market.

As always, feel free to call us at 407-841-5583 or stop by the sales studio. We look forward to hearing from you and to the great future for 55 West.

Carol Veal & Carri Tisdell

Moving people into an "equivalent" Eaast unit, hmm. What about those that bought in the West side of the tower just for the sunset view, seems a lil bit of a loss if you wanted to watch the sunset, instead of sunlight blinding you waking up.

won't really matter if you call room service for a bottle of Grey Goose the night before. :alc:

just received this today:

January 30, 2008

Hello, we wanted to keep you informed on the progress of 55 West as a follow up to the previous press release.

Grosse Pointe Development, the new Developer, is in process of making great decisions for the tower. At this point, it is looking very likely that the tower will be turned into mixed use with the West side being converted to a hotel. For the buyers who bought on the West side, you would be moved to an equivalent unit type on the East side, which is viewed as more desirable. A great asset is that the hotel would provide a variety of services which would be available to the condo owners. The two sides would be separate and exclusive to each use, but condo owners would benefit from shared amenities and services. This type of project has worked very well in many downtowns across the country.

We appreciate your patience as to there are still many details to be determined. We will definitely keep you informed.

Grosse Pointe anticipates residential condo closings to begin in the last quarter of 2008. Buyers can receive deposits plus interest back at this time and or with the release of the new condo documents within the next few months. If you wish to keep your contract, the Developer will honor your original contract. We will work with you individually for the placement of your condo once we have all the proper information.

Grosse Pointe Development has great expertise and success in building high rise condominiums and mixed-use projects. They are definitely an asset to this project and Orlando. Together with their professionalism, knowledge and experience, our team is the committed to making 55 West a great place to live and a landmark in downtown Orlando. At this time, we are trying to get a count for the Developer so that they can make the proper decisions as to those who would like to cancel or keep their contract. Please email: [email protected] or [email protected] with your intent. We know that many of you have contract prices that are below current market pricing and we are happy to provide an analysis of your price as compared to the current market.

As always, feel free to call us at 407-841-5583 or stop by the sales studio. We look forward to hearing from you and to the great future for 55 West.

Carol Veal & Carri Tisdell

Do you all think this will hurt TT from going forward?

Moving people into an "equivalent" Eaast unit, hmm. What about those that bought in the West side of the tower just for the sunset view, seems a lil bit of a loss if you wanted to watch the sunset, instead of sunlight blinding you waking up.

Something tells me people who purchased in the west side didn't do so with aesthetic/view concern...sunset or not, for 23 hours a day, that view is an ugly highway.

Something tells me people who purchased in the west side didn't do so with aesthetic/view concern...sunset or not, for 23 hours a day, that view is an ugly highway.

Of course if you wanted to be on the west side because you have some strange obsession with the Citrus Bowl you're screwed.

Edited by JFW657

I don't think the west side view or I4 is ugly, there are very few obstructions and one can see the Disney fireworks!

West View

I agree i got a West view here in the Vue and i like seeing the buildings and i can see the disney fireworks from my bed. As far as the sun, thats what window treatments are for :) The sunsets are also very cool!

I agree i got a West view here in the Vue and i like seeing the buildings and i can see the disney fireworks from my bed. As far as the sun, thats what window treatments are for :) The sunsets are also very cool!

I think most people would rather look out their window & see the surrounding highrises.

I think most people would rather look out their window & see the surrounding highrises.

...not if the surrounding buildings are close and completely obstruct your view. The east side of 55 W is going to be cut off by Suntrust, the Plaza and Dynetech. The only glimpse beyond 3 blocks will hopefully one day be filled by TT. I think the best views from 55 W are going to be to the North and West.

...not if the surrounding buildings are close and completely obstruct your view. The east side of 55 W is going to be cut off by Suntrust, the Plaza and Dynetech. The only glimpse beyond 3 blocks will hopefully one day be filled by TT. I think the best views from 55 W are going to be to the North and West.

It's all just a matter of personal taste & preference.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of looking out and seeing other big buildings sounds appealing to me actually. It would give me a big city type feeling. I would have to see pictures though to be sure.