55 West

Tim3167

There is a roundabout in front of 55W on Church Street with a large tree in the middle. It looks really good. It will definitely keep traffic slowed down. I think it will make crossing Church very pedestrian friendly.

boy was I shocked when I saw that for the first time. that must have been some crane transplanting that big oak. great idea; I never saw it coming.

what do you all think of the color scheme of the garage?

Looks like they're stripping the red brick veneer off of the bridge. That sucks. Although it also looks like they're doing the bottom floor of the tower in red brick, so maybe they're just replacing them with ones that match. I'd hate to see them stucco the damn thing.

I like the tree and traffic circle. This would be a good thing to expand on throughout downtown in the less busy intersections. You don't want to have buses and trucks trying to squeeze by the trees, or worse hitting them. In the transitioning areas from commercial to residential this could be really nice and be a signature component for Orlando. Like Savannah has their squares, Oralndo could have landscaped traffic roundabouts. We have a few scattered around town now.

I like the tree and traffic circle. This would be a good thing to expand on throughout downtown in the less busy intersections. You don't want to have buses and trucks trying to squeeze by the trees, or worse hitting them. In the transitioning areas from commercial to residential this could be really nice and be a signature component for Orlando. Like Savannah has their squares, Oralndo could have landscaped traffic roundabouts. We have a few scattered around town now.
I too love the roundabouts but I would love to see a mixture of Trees, fountains and statues adorning them. Not only to give them character but also to kind of mix it up a bit. How about incorporating some boulevard type of development into some of the larger roads around the city...........akin to Rome and some of the other european cities, with roundabouts to maintain slow, even, traffic flow and incorporate some diversity.

It is necessary to build at roundabout at the intersection of Eola and Central--i have had half a dozen instances where I've almost hit or have almost been hit by someone at that intersection. I don't think anyone wants to see a streetlight here.

Edited by prahaboheme

It is necessary to build at roundabout at the intersection of Eola and Central--i have had half a dozen instances where I've almost hit or have almost been hit someone at that intersection. I don't think anyone wants to see a streetlight here.

thats a great idea! that would be way better than a traffic light which i think is inevitable at this point. wonder how we can get that idea out.

• 4 weeks later...