55 West

Tim3167

^^

I think the point is that location is unique, which it is, as it is in the heart of Church St.

I think they should get rid of the art areas they had put aside turn that into meeting space and open the freaking building already...screw the art it doesnt bring in money and right now money and people are more important than some space they have set aside for art that will never get looked at, there are plenty of other places in this town to put art on display.

What in the hell (think Bubba Whoop-Arse Wilson) are the boys at Euro-American Advisors thinking putting blue neon on top of 55W?

so white is too bright so lets do blue? why not dim the white instead? Blue is at Dynetech. I think they need to mix a strand of white in all that blue. Marina Grande in Daytona is all blue with nothing else and looks unfinished (maybe b/c it is unfinished). At least Dynetech has white accents mixed in with the blue.

talk amongst ya selves... I'm feeling verklempt...

What in the hell (think Bubba Whoop-Arse Wilson) are the boys at Euro-American Advisors thinking putting blue neon on top of 55W?

so white is too bright so lets do blue? why not dim the white instead? Blue is at Dynetech. I think they need to mix a strand of white in all that blue. Marina Grande in Daytona is all blue with nothing else and looks unfinished (maybe b/c it is unfinished). At least Dynetech has white accents mixed in with the blue.

talk amongst ya selves... I'm feeling verklempt...

You got a picture?

You got a picture?

I think the blue neon does a good job tying the buildings together. 55W, Dynetech, Bus Station--even the Firestone. The Waverly, the Vue and the Paramount and the new Events Center all (will) have the ability to project blue light as well.

gallery_19336_18_342487.jpg

I think the blue neon does a good job tying the buildings together. 55W, Dynetech, Bus Station--even the Firestone. The Waverly, the Vue and the Paramount and the new Events Center all (will) have the ability to project blue light as well.

Geez look at those clouds! FLheat, how are lightning storms up there? With all that glass in the place I'd imagine the views are something else!

Geez look at those clouds! FLheat, how are lightning storms up there? With all that glass in the place I'd imagine the views are something else!

It is an amazing perspective during storms. First you can see the different storm cells 20 miles out--it is almost like looking at doppler radar. It is also cool when the storms have low clouds and they pass beneath, and of course seeing all the cloud to ground lightening strikes is a sight to behold. I just wish I was a better photographer.

wow. what an incredible photo. that was from yesterday early evening. we're on 12 at PTP and I took a shot of Dynetech also or tried to atleast with those ominous black clouds; focus kept screwing up. I know, user error...

55W's blue was not lit last night-- but it was early this am. and it might still be lit now... hard to tell.

verdict is still out of course; there are blue-grey looking lights under 55W's "hat" so it might blend in. not sure; gotta see it again;

I would've snapped a photo 2 nights ago, except I didn't notice it until I was on the 408 ramp and did a double-take.

wow. what an incredible photo. that was from yesterday early evening. we're on 12 at PTP and I took a shot of Dynetech also or tried to atleast with those ominous black clouds; focus kept screwing up. I know, user error...

55W's blue was not lit last night-- but it was early this am. and it might still be lit now... hard to tell.

verdict is still out of course; there are blue-grey looking lights under 55W's "hat" so it might blend in. not sure; gotta see it again;

I would've snapped a photo 2 nights ago, except I didn't notice it until I was on the 408 ramp and did a double-take.

Ahhhh, I see what you mean, on the top there are two strips of neon (not captured well on the photo). It is the same color as Dynetech and I like it.

gallery_19336_18_478295.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ahhhh, I see what you mean, on the top there are two strips of neon (not captured well on the photo). It is the same color as Dynetech and I like it.

gallery_19336_18_478295.jpg

And they're Magic blue. Although I doubt that's why they picked the colors. It would be nice if it was though.

• 3 weeks later...

They can't handle the space they are occupying now. How on Earth can they handle rents at 55W? Does this mean the city will subsidize an even larger amount to keep Mad Cow alive?

On the note of 55W, drive by, walk by, or pedal by if you get the chance. It looks very nice and they look ready for retail ground level build out.

They can't handle the space they are occupying now. How on Earth can they handle rents at 55W? Does this mean the city will subsidize an even larger amount to keep Mad Cow alive?

Yeah. I can see helping the Shakespeare Festival out to get them downtown, but a theme park actor hobby theatre?

On the note of 55W, drive by, walk by, or pedal by if you get the chance. It looks very nice and they look ready for retail ground level build out.

Maybe they think they'll be more profitable in that location?

• 2 weeks later...