55 West

Tim3167

Look at 530 E Central and Reeves House. Didn't they both have tremendous difficulty when first constructed?

530 E Central, Park Lake Towers and the Renaissance all ended up in various types of workout after completion but went on to be successful. Reeves House probably would have, too, except it was built by a development arm of The First, F.A., who financed the thing. The First, of course, met its own inglorious end a few years later, but that was not directly related.

these guys have been approached by quite a few establishments for their retail portion... they've already either already leased out some of the space or made arrangements to...

buildout for rentals hasn't begun yet... but from wht I hear, its looking positive with regards to the retail portion...

• 1 month later...

There is an article in todays business journal that states that they are going to start leasing the units at $900 a month for the loft and studio apartments and the retail spaces this summer. Since they have silly rules about posting a link, go fetch.

i read that as well! has anyone spoken to any of the leasing agents and have anymore info to share? i am VERY interested if this is as good as it sounds!

Edited by surina777

on the east side of 55W, at least last week, you could see supply boxes inside the windows of all the floors between the penthouses and the 10th level. they are moving forward with buildout. between this and the Events Center, that's huge. And the cinema will have been open for while to help generate foot traffic for this part of DT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so has anyone put down a deposit on one of these places? i stopped in a few weeks ago to talk #'s and being that they are only going to have floors 4-10 open by september...i decided to pass and chose a different dt highrise.

im wondering how the train and latitudes noise is going to affect the building...wonder how high you need to be before that doesnt become a nuisance

so has anyone put down a deposit on one of these places? i stopped in a few weeks ago to talk #'s and being that they are only going to have floors 4-10 open by september...i decided to pass and chose a different dt highrise.

im wondering how the train and latitudes noise is going to affect the building...wonder how high you need to be before that doesnt become a nuisance

I would think noise is going to be an issue wherever you are in the 55 west. I know I can hear Wall Street bass sounds being on the west side of the Vue and I am 6 blocks away. The west side of 55W might not get the Latitudes noise but I am sure the train will knock you out of the bed.

I would think noise is going to be an issue wherever you are in the 55 west. I know I can hear Wall Street bass sounds being on the west side of the Vue and I am 6 blocks away. The west side of 55W might not get the Latitudes noise but I am sure the train will knock you out of the bed.

You hear it inside your place or from the balcony?

55W has taken away the fence. I went there a couple of days ago. the breezeway connecting Chuch to Pine is open to the public. It is really cool; there are about 6 retail parlors lining it. The spiral stairwell is solid. The second level balcony area will be the new place to be once the right restaurant/bar goes in there. Maybe Blue Martini should consider a second Orlando location.

Friend of mine just moved into the Dynetech and you can clearly hear it in his apartment. He's on the 24th floor.

yep. I live in dynatech as well. The train is audible, but not so bad. Wall St. Plaza on the otherhand, is unbelievably loud. It can be really rough when you want to fall asleep early on the weekends.

I'm on the 22nd floor

I live near the tracks and you get used to it fast. I never wake up now.

hahah yea i thought that i would do the same if i were to move in to 55w

yep. I live in dynatech as well. The train is audible, but not so bad. Wall St. Plaza on the otherhand, is unbelievably loud. It can be really rough when you want to fall asleep early on the weekends.

I'm on the 22nd floor

ya i moved in recently on the 23rd and everything is loud on that side of the bldg, but its nothing worse than any other condo in the area facing towards downtown vs lake eola side, the train is loud no matter where you live downtown...its just one of those "charming" things about living downtown :)

55W has taken away the fence. I went there a couple of days ago. the breezeway connecting Chuch to Pine is open to the public. It is really cool; there are about 6 retail parlors lining it. The spiral stairwell is solid. The second level balcony area will be the new place to be once the right restaurant/bar goes in there. Maybe Blue Martini should consider a second Orlando location.

i went up the parking elevators and peeked through to the front of 55w...its definitely going to be a nice place and hopefully it fills up just as the plaza has ... i can't wait to check out some of the model units just for curiositys sake...i know they start tours aug 1 !!!

hahah yea i thought that i would do the same if i were to move in to 55w

ya i moved in recently on the 23rd and everything is loud on that side of the bldg, but its nothing worse than any other condo in the area facing towards downtown vs lake eola side, the train is loud no matter where you live downtown...its just one of those "charming" things about living downtown :)

i went up the parking elevators and peeked through to the front of 55w...its definitely going to be a nice place and hopefully it fills up just as the plaza has ... i can't wait to check out some of the model units just for curiositys sake...i know they start tours aug 1 !!!

Maybe DowntownDarryl can post pictures for us...hint, hint.

I'll see what I can do... :shades:

Ok, went by 55W this morning and Sam toured me really quick through Two Loft models (The Gramercy and Tribeca) starting at $1008 available for move-ins Sept 1st and a Two bedroom (Eola) at $1800 with move-ins Oct 1st on the 22nd floor. I was very impressed with the finishes, nice granite in the two bedroom model with a Huge counter overlooking the open living and dining area, corner unit with great NE view. The master bedroom had a King size bed with plenty of room and split bedroom plan. Nice granite computer desk in the kitchen too.

The first corner loft was nice on the 4th floor overlooking Church St, Lots of floor to ceiling glass in all the units and Huge balconies compared to the other condos in other buildings around DT.

I was lucky that a train was going by and I heard it in the hallway however, once I got inside the unit I heard really nothing. The elevators were flawless, nicely finished and very smooth and FAST.

We did not get a chance to go to the fitness center or pool yet as we both had appointments soon. Here are some pics I snapped real quick.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DowntownDarryl/

I just noticed the last pics are from The Vue and My Penthouse listing in Solaire, no time to edit.