Palmetto Pointe

MikesLogic

Pretty neat that this will be the first TV series filmed in SC.

PAX picks up 'Palmetto Pointe' for fall schedule

New TV show to start filming July 15 in South Carolina

"Palmetto Pointe" follows in the footsteps of several popular teen dramas, including "The O.C.," "Dawson's Creek" and "One Tree Hill." But the producers say it will be different from its predecessors because of the lessons it will teach, as it tackles issues such as drinking, date rape and teen pregnancy.

"Our show has a lot of moral values in it," Woodward said.

The program will be family-friendly but not bland, he added. "It has spice to it as well."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after reading this thread, my wife and I decided to check the show out last night. That experiment lasted about 5 minutes.

The acting was pretty bad, but the writing was much worse. Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, but I just couldn't stomach much more of the shaky camera and bad lighting.

This show did not get a Tivo season pass.

Apparently they are still looking for actors, I just recieved an email asking for headshots. This email was sent out to Charlotte actors. I know Union County has PAX but Rock Hill doesn't have E! or Bravo. I think it is really weird that Rock Hill gets their news from Greenville instead of Charlotte.

Continuing the tangent.....

I think its weird that WSOC has "Pinehurst" on their viewing area dopplar map yet it is very difficult to get WSOC in most of Moore County, mainly due to the Uwharrie Mountains. Another oddity of the Charlotte DMA is that they have Boone/Watagua County along with Alleghany County in their viewing area but really it should be part of the Tri-Cities viewing area!

I remember being in Lake Wylie right on the NC border and the cable company out there was carrying WIS yet Charlotte was about a minute away!

Anson County, just above Chesterfield, their cable outlet also has WIS for whatever reason.

Archived