Richmond Braves Baseball Stadium Proposals

wrldcoupe4

And for those who think stadiums generate businesses and create districts and such... how come the Diamond didn't do that? How come it doesn't now?

Well, clearly, it's because that area of town is so dangerous! At least that's what my Western Henrico- and SW Chesterfield-residing co-workers (who haven't been east of Willow Lawn in years) tell me...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a dangerous area for the most part...

Exactly, but try telling that to the bulk of the suburbanites. I just had someone today tell me she would never eat at Buz & Ned's BBQ because it's "in the ghetto."

Yeah... growing up in the suburbs I've heard stuff like that. But, I'm slowly starting to change the perceptions of the people around me. I've inspired people to go downtown that haven't been down there since Miller & Rhoads and Thalhimers were chuggin' along. In time...

• 3 weeks later...

Opps! Sorry I meant to say, A person wrote to them in the editorials and side that they sould acually build the staduim in Jackson Ward (Gilpin Court part).

Also I wanted to ask if it's possible to open up the plan for the stadium to be in Shockoe Bottom?

Well, I'd favor a Gilpin replacement. Then they can jumpstart that neighborhood with the plans already bounced around.

If they made the Bottom an option again, they'd have to have the stadium either facing the skyline (an 18th St address) or have it facing the Bottom (Broad St. address)... after walking it the other day, they can rebuild Weiman's and we can totally demolish Lovings. But I still favor the current location as the best.

Well, I'd favor a Gilpin replacement. Then they can jumpstart that neighborhood with the plans already bounced around.

If they made the Bottom an option again, they'd have to have the stadium either facing the skyline (an 18th St address) or have it facing the Bottom (Broad St. address)... after walking it the other day, they can rebuild Weiman's and we can totally demolish Lovings. But I still favor the current location as the best.

The problem with it facing the skyline is the "sun-in-your-eyes" factor.

Off-topic, but now that I've read all the latest postings, I'm going to visit Coupe's flicker pictures which I've been saving for savoring.

I would really like it to face the skyline but burts right about the sun - in - your - eyes factor. To me the only good places would be 1 were it is now, 2 Shockoe Bottom, 3 In Manchester facing the city.

"Manchester would be a great place to put it right by the water near the flood wall.

I like the idea of a stadium there... but where would it be built?

I present to you all.....my idea of a Manchester Ballpark.

133023612_30a2d2175c_o.jpg

Red is ballpark and possible mixed use development, easy access from highway, beautiful skyline views, directly by the river. What do ya think?

Burban, I can't figure out where this site is. I-95 is the only road that is familiar to me. Never heard of Brander street.

It's not next door to the sewerage treatment center, is it? :lol:

:rofl: Yeah, I guess it is....man! I wish there was a way. I knew that site had something wrong with it...it was just too perfect.....

Here's two sites that I like... the first one, the Fed Reserve parking lot won't happen..it's already being redeveloped with different plans. The second is probably one of the better opportunities in Manchster which could still give nice skyline views, and have no negative impact from sunsets.

Potential Sites?

Thats what I was looking at too, right next to that bridge! Brilliant idea Coupe! Id love for it to go there, maybe revive Manchester around the Legend Brewing Company area. I was working on a layout as we speak :lol:

Here's two sites that I like... the first one, the Fed Reserve parking lot won't happen..it's already being redeveloped with different plans. The second is probably one of the better opportunities in Manchster which could still give nice skyline views, and have no negative impact from sunsets.

Potential Sites?

Like this?

133041725_952b79cafc.jpg

Archived