Yard full of trolleys...?

Wordsmith

Today while riding along I-75 with my mother away from downtown I spied a fenced in yard of sorts full of what appeared to be brand spanking new Trolleys... (Being down on the freeway I couldn't tell if they were that kind with wheels or full fledged rail-riding trolleys) They were a nice evergreen and gold and reminded me of the one's I saw in Chicago. Is there something I don't know about the public transportation? Has Kwame decided to try to win voters over by surprising them with an alternative to busing? Has anyone else seen this yard or does anyone know what's going on?

WS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it you saw these trollies on 75, SE of the downtown?  I'm usually coming from the north on 75, and have not seen these.  I would love to check 'em out, if you know the exact location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I don't know the exact location unfortunately, we were zooming by and it wasn't my decision as to whether or not we could stop. They weren't hard to spot however even from down there.

LN

if this was around warren avenue, it was probably the DDOT yard Aerial. DDOT has some "historical" rubber-tired trolleys that they run around downtown during big events (or when the people mover breaks down).

Other thoughts could include the old trolleys that they use to have on Washington Blvd.

If the trolleys you saw were evergreen, they are the DDOT ones. All they are is buses with a fancy facade to resemble something more appealing than "a bus"...since you can't get the non-freak white people to ride buses in Detroit.

I'm surprised they haven't been around yet this season. I remember last summer they were everywhere to be seen in the central city.

If the trolleys you saw were evergreen, they are the DDOT ones.  All they are is buses with a fancy facade to resemble something more appealing than "a bus"...since you can't get the non-freak white people to ride buses in Detroit.

I'm surprised they haven't been around yet this season.  I remember last summer they were everywhere to be seen in the central city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

perhaps this was one of the lines eliminated by DDOT in the last round of budget cuts?

Archived