Growth: Southwood

cityboy05

Just noticed that all mention of the issues related to the conversion of the Town Center to an apartment complex have been removed from Southwood's Town Talk message boards. Also the "Southwood United" website that was created by some residents is not functioning. Anyone know what's going on? I've been out of town for a while.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just noticed that all mention of the issues related to the conversion of the Town Center to an apartment complex have been removed from Southwood's Town Talk message boards. Also the "Southwood United" website that was created by some residents is not functioning. Anyone know what's going on? I've been out of town for a while.

Southwoodunited was a homeowner site. Do you think that this could have been the result of the lawsuit? Towntalk never keeps anything for more than 30 days, because it is a terrible system. I don't think that is actually St. Joe being oppressive.

Last i heard, the developer was willing to meet with neighborhood representatives about changing the plans for number of units and inclusion of retail, among other issues.

Naumann Group named to represent St. Joe Company in Southwood

Tallahassee Democrat

TALLAHASSEE - The Naumann Group Real Estate Inc. of Tallahassee has just been named to represent the St. Joe Company at its SouthWood and Summer Camp developments.

Founded by Jason Naumann in 2001, The Naumann Group

Naumann leads sales at SouthWood, SummerCamp

The St. Joe Co. has announced that The Naumann Group will be providing real-estate services for its SouthWood and SummerCamp Beach communities.

The Naumann Group will operate offices from the SouthWood Sales and Information Center at Town Center and the SummerCamp Beach Sales Center. The deal takes effect today as Jason Naumann takes over as broker/agent on the two projects and re-opens sales centers.

Source: TDO.com

One thing that troubles me when I think about southwood, is that the Capital Circle Widening in conjunction with the messy outparcels really detracts from this once pristine wooded area of rolling hills and large oaks.

I definitely have been interested in Southwood since the get go, but im not sure I am liking the final product.

Dont get me wrong, once you enter the development everything looks wonderful and adequately planned (minus the town center)

But something must be dont about the highway frontage.. It really makes me cringe riding past.

Hopefully once construction is finished, plants and trees will be planted and some better architecture will be applied to the streetscape.

One thing that troubles me when I think about southwood, is that the Capital Circle Widening in conjunction with the messy outparcels really detracts from this once pristine wooded area of rolling hills and large oaks.

I definitely have been interested in Southwood since the get go, but im not sure I am liking the final product.

Dont get me wrong, once you enter the development everything looks wonderful and adequately planned (minus the town center)

But something must be dont about the highway frontage.. It really makes me cringe riding past.

Hopefully once construction is finished, plants and trees will be planted and some better architecture will be applied to the streetscape.

What you may not realize is that Southwood will eventually extend all the way up to the back side of Walmart. Biltmore avenue will eventually dump you right at the Walmart parking lot. So that leaves lots of development from the new Orange Avenue extension north to the south side of Walmart. There will be a large buffer along Old. St. Augustine to protect the canopy trees.

The city is also obligated to build a public park between Tram and the FSU school.

Alexan Southwood

alexansouthwoodzt8.png

Located on 27.0 +/- acres, the proposed project is the construction of a 340-unit, multi-family apartment development at a density of 12.59 units per acre. The property is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).

This project comes before Growth Managemetn on February 7, at 8:30AM.

Alexan Southwood

alexansouthwoodzt8.png

Located on 27.0 +/- acres, the proposed project is the construction of a 340-unit, multi-family apartment development at a density of 12.59 units per acre. The property is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).

This project comes before Growth Managemetn on February 7, at 8:30AM.

The First District Court of Appeal building isn't a civic building in the sense that a County Courthouse or City Hall would be. Many of the attorneys who appear before a district court travel from other places to argue cases before the court. Members of the public rarely attend oral arguments before the DCAs. In some places, the DCAs meet outside courtroom settings; for example, a DCA meets routinely at Stetson law school in St. Pete. Arguably, the Southwood 1st DCA building is more convenient to the airport via Cap Circle, and will have better parking and security that is possible at the existing location. There's little reason for members of the public to have any need to be in the DCA building unless they have nothing better to do than watch appellate layers argue cases.

Archived