Growth: Southwood

cityboy05

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. There's a Chick-Fil-A on Apalachee and one in Governor's Square Mall, and they both do well. They're within a mile of each other. It goes back to what I've said before. This town isnt that big, but it really is divided into "areas." And it can take a long time to get from one area to the other.

You're right. You do have a good number of people living in Southwood, and there will surely be more once the development is complete who I'm sure will support this store. However, there seems to be a such a short driving distance between Southwood and the Parkway Chick Fil A. I question this placement because there are other parts of town that could probably absorb a Chick Fil A right now with more ease. Not at all complaining about the placement, just wondering why this seems to be the only publicly known new location the company is scouting.

You're right. You do have a good number of people living in Southwood, and there will surely be more once the development is complete who I'm sure will support this store. However, there seems to be a such a short driving distance between Southwood and the Parkway Chick Fil A. I question this placement because there are other parts of town that could probably absorb a Chick Fil A right now with more ease. Not at all complaining about the placement, just wondering why this seems to be the only publicly known new location the company is scouting.

Not entirely true. The owner of the Chick-Fil-A on Monroe is looking to build a FSU on Tennessee near campus. They were going to take over the old Backyard Burger but wanted to build a FSU instead. This is accuarte and verified as of Monday. That side of town does need one, I agree.

The thing about Chick-Fil-A, is you could put one in a small town, or an empty interstate exit, and it would always be crowded.

You just love to lure me off topic! I'm so tempted to ask what's with people who buy all those groceries and then want to eat out? My best friends do that and it always leaves me looking like this: :blink:

Did you know: The first 100 people in line at the Grand Opening of a Chick Fil A are awarded a free meal per week for a whole year (52 Meals)? No purchase necessary, must be 18+, and you cannot be related to anyone who works for Chick Fil A.

You just love to lure me off topic! I'm so tempted to ask what's with people who buy all those groceries and then want to eat out? My best friends do that and it always leaves me looking like this: :blink:

Did you know: The first 100 people in line at the Grand Opening of a Chick Fil A are awarded a free meal per week for a whole year (52 Meals)? No purchase necessary, must be 18+, and you cannot be related to anyone who works for Chick Fil A.

I did not know that, but thanks for the heads up. I have a lovely tent just hankering to be setup outside our newest Chik Fil A.

And as to the other, I don't really have an answer. Except to say I dislike cooking and will look for any excuse not to have to prepare meals. -_-

• 2 weeks later...
All mention of the issue was removed from the Southwood Towntalk boards. A homeowner-created website has disappeared. The last message posted on Towntalk board (seems like maybe that was in January) said a community meeting would be scheduled soon and that there had been a few meetings between representatives of the homeowner's association and the apartment developer, but nothing more was heard. So it's hard to say just what is actually happening at this point.

Ed Ball, who controlled St. Joe for many years, used to say "Confusion to the Enemy" when raising a glass of Jack Daniel's, and I expect no much has changed at St. Joe since then. Unfortunately, they seem to view the people they sold houses and land to as the enemy.

^True, but as we've stated before, they shot themselves in the foot by putting the shopping center w/Publix external to the community. All of those stores could have done wonders for the Town Center.

Just checking in on you all... The Complex is going in is called Parkside at Southwood Towncenter. Contracts have been awarded to contractors. Work was supossed to begin in March, however, I've been told it will begin April. 266 apartments above 32,434 square feet of retail. I hope that helps!

UP-Tallahassee Exclusive

From St. Joe:

Towntalk is no longer, as SWR previously stated. A new intranet for Southwood homeowners is up and running. The new address is www.mysouthwood.org.

* This information from any other website should be deemed second hand and outdated.

UP-Tallahassee Exclusive

From St. Joe:

Towntalk is no longer, as SWR previously stated. A new intranet for Southwood homeowners is up and running. The new address is www.mysouthwood.org.

* This information from any other website should be deemed second hand and outdated.

McDonalds at Southwood (TPA080037) (31-20-20-002-0020) located on 1.38 acres on the north side of Capital Circle SE, approximately 3000 feet from the intersection of Tram Road and Capital Circle . The proposed project is the construction of a 3,900 square foot restaurant. The property is zoned Southwood PUD (Planned Unit Development).

PROJECT COORDINATOR: Southside Team (891-7100)

Glenn Berman Senior Planner

AGENT: Adams Engineering 813-463-9790

TIME: 9:15 a.m.

Here are some examples of other McDonalds Adams has built:

mrfmoundoa4.jpg

mrmustangxe3.jpg

^Hey I just asked this question about location in the restaurant thread. This thread is a better place for it anyway. I'm still slightly confused about the location. If it's north of CCSE, then it must be going around the "big curve" on CC past Tram if you are heading towards the airport from Southwood? Is it going to be an out-parcel of the proposed Target shopping center you think?

Thanks for the pix. Who exactly is Adams? Are our local franchises still owned by the corporation or has there been a buyer?

I find the HALF BODY Ronald McDonald blow up atop the one building a little disturbing. I mean where are his legs? :)

^ TD, Nothing is happening yet on the SW parcel slated to be more apartments.

GG & Poonther, I was thinking the new SW McD's would be on CCNE North of Tram Rd. across from SW almost up to to Shumard Oak Blvd. but you guys have it going away from SW. I will scout around the area for activity tomorrow.

Archived