Growth: Southwood

cityboy05

Glenn, you may very well be right. I think Poonther and I placed it on the south end only because that would likely may it an outparcel of the Target shopping center. Personally, I think locating the McD's north of Tram road and closer to the population of SW makes a lot more sense. Let us know what you find out, and thanks in advance!

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn I took the location to be west and south of Tram (more towards the airport) b/c of the following statement:

"north side of Capital Circle SE, approximately 3000 feet from the intersection of Tram Road and Capital Circle"

IMHO at Tram and Shumard CCSE runs more north and south and thus things would be located east and west of the road, but who knows.

I agree that in the present day scenario, they would fair better being closer to Shumard, but when the Target center is built, this could actually end up being a more profitable location???

^ ^ I see what you mean Poonther. The way you've explained it & pointed out how it's worded does make it appear to be South of the Tram / CC intersection towards the Lowe's / Target development. Thanks for your keen observation of the grammar.

I scouted the area all the way from Shumard Oak Blvd. around to Woodville Hwy today & saw no new signs of any activity along this stretch other than road construction.

^ I went approximately 3000 feet South of Tram Road on Cap Circle yesterday & it ends up being around the bend and just about where the Sembler Development sign for the Lowe's, etc. development will be. So I ASSume the new SW McD's will be right beside this new development or an out parcel of such. Saw no survey stakes, etc. to indicate any recent activity.

Some new land clearing & underground utility infrastructure construction activity going on just to the North of the SW Publix shopping center. No signage or building permit on-site as of yesterday to indicate what it is. However, out on Capital Circle by the Credit Union there is a sign that indicates a new Storage Facility coming soon but it isn't clear if it's related to the activity presently going on.

Some new land clearing & underground utility infrastructure construction activity going on just to the North of the SW Publix shopping center. No signage or building permit on-site as of yesterday to indicate what it is. However, out on Capital Circle by the Credit Union there is a sign that indicates a new Storage Facility coming soon but it isn't clear if it's related to the activity presently going on.

^ I went approximately 3000 feet South of Tram Road on Cap Circle yesterday & it ends up being around the bend and just about where the Sembler Development sign for the Lowe's, etc. development will be. So I ASSume the new SW McD's will be right beside this new development or an out parcel of such. Saw no survey stakes, etc. to indicate any recent activity.

^ No P, I'm just stating that I found it interesting that the 2 garden centers faced each other. Target (Anchor A) has their garden center on the Right & Lowe's (Anchor B) has their garden center on the Left which makes them face one another. That's all I was saying. I see why Target has theirs on the right because there will be other attached retail to their Left. This SW Lowe's plan looks just like their store on Cap Circle NW.

• 4 weeks later...

Recent activity at the Southwood parcel along CCSE where the 1st District Court of Appeals is relocating to:

Some type of underground utilities type work has going on the past couple of weeks along the perimeter of this property.

This morning (Wednesday 5/21) there were tents, chairs, microphones, flags, etc. being set up for what appeared to be for some sort of ceremony later today....maybe an official groundbreaking or something. I haven't found any mention of this event anywhere in the news.

Recent activity at the Southwood parcel along CCSE where the 1st District Court of Appeals is relocating to:

Some type of underground utilities type work has going on the past couple of weeks along the perimeter of this property.

This morning (Wednesday 5/21) there were tents, chairs, microphones, flags, etc. being set up for what appeared to be for some sort of ceremony later today....maybe an official groundbreaking or something. I haven't found any mention of this event anywhere in the news.

^ Turns out the event I saw them setting up for yesterday had nothing at all to do with the 1st DCA...it was just on the particular parcel where they will be located.

The set up that I witnessed was for an event to celebrate the completion of that segment of Capital Circle SE

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...EWS01/805220318

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if to post these in Roads or in here, but:

It appears they're testing the signal at Orange Avenue and CCSE. I guess that means that opening is coming shortly.

It also appears that they are clearing out trees for an extension of Merchant's Row Blvd west of CCSE.

Not sure if to post these in Roads or in here, but:

It appears they're testing the signal at Orange Avenue and CCSE. I guess that means that opening is coming shortly.

It also appears that they are clearing out trees for an extension of Merchant's Row Blvd west of CCSE.

What is exactly is this going to be out at Southwood? Is it part of the tree clearing area you guys were talking about earlier? Is this just part of the State Office Complex out there expanding to the west side of CCSE?

Subdivision Plat out at Southwood

Scroll to the bottom of the attached page and it has links to a site map and plat.

"Here comes the Judge(s):

Capital Center Office Complex Phase III (TSP080044) located on 18.39 acres on the northeast corner of Capital Circle Southeast and Drayton Drive. The proposed project is for the construction of a 60,039 square foot courthouse and office building. The site is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).

BTW: This is NOT part of the plat that I talked about in the above post. That one is on the west side of CCSE while this is on the east side of CCSE. I'm still wondering what that plat is for.................anyone????

"Here comes the Judge(s):

Capital Center Office Complex Phase III (TSP080044) located on 18.39 acres on the northeast corner of Capital Circle Southeast and Drayton Drive. The proposed project is for the construction of a 60,039 square foot courthouse and office building. The site is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).

BTW: This is NOT part of the plat that I talked about in the above post. That one is on the west side of CCSE while this is on the east side of CCSE. I'm still wondering what that plat is for.................anyone????

I thought it already was the hot spot? Good for them. Now maybe some folks out that way can save a little gas by walking to work? And w/the new shuttle bus out there, even more incentive not to take your own single person car to work. Now if they'd only located that Publix interior to the development........

I thought it already was the hot spot? Good for them. Now maybe some folks out that way can save a little gas by walking to work? And w/the new shuttle bus out there, even more incentive not to take your own single person car to work. Now if they'd only located that Publix interior to the development........

You know, once Southwood gets to be a more critical mass, wouldn't it be nice to have them build a pedestrian overpass across CCSE?

Regarding that parcel.....the only thing that link tells us Poonther that it's commercial. However, the adjacent plot to the south is owned by the state, which I'm assuming will be future state offices.

BTW - what is being built next to the Publix at Southwood? They have begun building something in the plat across from the one fronting CCSE next to Publix.

Archived