Growth: Southwood

cityboy05

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southwood has an office construction by the Wachovia.  Said to be finished in January.  The wood frame up appears to be a one story.  I expected a little different use of those lots.  BUt it will be better than empty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw this when I was over there and I'm not impressed with the design. I would have waited for a better propsal but I guess they're in a hurry.

• 1 month later...

You aren't alone. The growth in the Southwood Community is steady. I'd wish one of our forumers in the neighborhood could tell us, if they know, exactly how many homes are in there now. If you could, can we also get an update on the Publix shopping plaza and its tenants. I worked at that Publix for about a year and when I was there Patsy's Soul Food opened and closed (her family was stealing from her). Singular was there, ItzaPizza opened, and a Chinese Restaurant. I know there are other Tenants there now. I'm always riding by to see whos going to occupy that nice curved corner closest to Blair Stone... looks like a site fit for a Blockbuster.

You aren't alone. The growth in the Southwood Community is steady. I'd wish one of our forumers in the neighborhood could tell us, if they know, exactly how many homes are in there now. If you could, can we also get an update on the Publix shopping plaza and its tenants. I worked at that Publix for about a year and when I was there Patsy's Soul Food opened and closed (her family was stealing from her). Singular was there, ItzaPizza opened, and a Chinese Restaurant. I know there are other Tenants there now. I'm always riding by to see whos going to occupy that nice curved corner closest to Blair Stone... looks like a site fit for a Blockbuster.

CINGULAR not Singular

You aren't alone. The growth in the Southwood Community is steady. I'd wish one of our forumers in the neighborhood could tell us, if they know, exactly how many homes are in there now.

In the most recent Southwood newsletter, it was stated that in June of this year they had reached a milestone of 1000 homes/lots sold. They were selling at a pace of 40 homes/lots per month.

Its alright, you know, you arent the first person i know to spell something wrong. Taurean.

I bet! :lol:

Those are cool pictures of Southwood, thanks for posting them.

Thanks man... those are good sounding words to a guy with a camera! I'll keep trying to improve my shots.

In the most recent Southwood newsletter, it was stated that in June of this year they had reached a milestone of 1000 homes/lots sold. They were selling at a pace of 40 homes/lots per month.

WOW.... they are more than 1/4 complete with this 20 year project. At this pace they'll be done in 10 yrs. So 40 x 4 (June, July, Aug, Sept) = 160.... so 1160 Homes/Lots aproximately? Sounds great!

Thanks for the info Celebrated! :D

haha, southwood, once its done, a huge boost for that side of town,, why did publix build a small publix, for southwood, it cracks me up...... We have the largest amount of publixes in thsi town its so awesome...

the lake ella publix and the ocala publix, both with huge stores nice stores..... and they build a small publix for a 4000 home development, comon.... use some sense......

On a side note.... blair stone will be developed all the way down i suspect.... with a few other grocery stores... and once cap circle is widened there, hello development.... i wanna leave tallahassee for 10 years, and then come back and see what we have, it will be scary i think scary at how cool it has gotten.

From the Tallahassee Democrat "Early Stage Development" page...

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...ss/12817034.htm

Southwood Unit 28 - 7.16 acres bordering Tram Road to the north and Capital Circle Southeast to the south, 2,675 feet west of the intersection. Construction of a hotel and subdivision of the parcel into two lots. Zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).Time: 1:45 p.m.

Anyone heard about this hotel?

Archived