St. Johns Town Center

vladittude0583

Yeah, and that part of the Town Center was completely built with a tenant operating in it as recently as like two weeks ago. I thought it was weird when I saw it, and it makes that entire side of the mall look bad.

The only thing I could come up with was that a new tenant was moving in and they were totally redoing the color/design of their part of the building to fit their brand.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, I would love to see Legal Seafoods come to Jax!  Whether it be the Town Center or the Landing, I love that place!  The St. Johns town center has certainly been getting alot of praise, which looks good to these potential upscale retailers, I suppose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have read my mind! Legal Seafoods would be a great place to have in Jacksonville :)

I went to one up in Boston and fell in love with their food. Will keep my hope up for a Legal Seafoods! :thumbsup:

do they have a blue logo? because i think i ate at one in washington at reagan national. right out front of the us airways terminal, if anyone is familiar with that airport. but i think i remember them saying they started in boston. great crabcake sandwich. love those around the chesapeake.

but i think i remember them saying they started in boston. great crabcake sandwich. love those around the chesapeake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, they're as ubiquitous in Boston as, say, Bono's is here. Seafood, in my opinion, seems much fresher up there, though Jacksonville has its share of good seafood as long as one doesn't go to a grocery store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally visited the Town Center over the weekend. I must say that for what it is, it is very well done. I had no idea there was so much out there. Town Center Parkway is primed to absolutely explode. I would even go so far to say that we could start seeing some significant residential height out there (if the zoning allows).

Yeah, they're as ubiquitous in Boston as, say, Bono's is here. Seafood, in my opinion, seems much fresher up there, though Jacksonville has its share of good seafood as long as one doesn't go to a grocery store.

i recommend heading out to Mayport Village. You should head over to Singleton's by the ferry. It is as fresh as seafood can be, directly off of the boat. Their shrimp is outstanding. We have great seafood that just needs to be discovered.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to know if anyone's got any preliminary information concerning Phase II of SJTC since construction should begin next month on this phase?

I remember the rumors before about a Macy's, Nordstrom, & Neiman Marcus coming to SJTC. Does anyone have solid information now concerning some of the stores coming since announcements for Phase II should be coming along pretty soon?

Thanks.

Where did you hear that construction would begin next month? I have a source at another architecture firm who told me that Macy's, Nordstrom & Neiman Marcus would be the major tenants a couple of months ago, but they are no longer working on that particular project so I'm not sure of how the plans are coming along.

Where did you hear that construction would begin next month? I have a source at another architecture firm who told me that Macy's, Nordstrom & Neiman Marcus would be the major tenants a couple of months ago, but they are no longer working on that particular project so I'm not sure of how the plans are coming along.

Don't you remember reading the articles from the development company? They said that announcements should be here in November regarding the stores coming to Phase II along w/start of the construction of that phase.

So what project are they working on now? It can't be the Publix b/c that's another company doing that project right?

South Florida shopping and Internation Plaza in Tampa is a WHOLE lot better than St. Johns Plaza

Well, I would hope so. If International Plaza can't compete with a barely completed, no major upscale anchors and stores in phase one of St Johns TC than IP has problems. You can revisit the topic when phase two is completed. Probably a better comparison at that point.

My advice to everyone is to ignore this guy. He's still in high school. I highly doubt that he has been to Jacksonville let alone the Town Center. He's probably never really been outside of the Tampa, Orlando, Miami area. I mean this guy can't even vote. No gjoseph class president and superlatives do not count. Go watch an episode of Orange County and leave this to the "grown-ups"

Jmac -

I understand your statement, but that is an assumtion that he has never been to St Johns Town Center.

Also keep in mind that even if he is a teen, those are some of the most frequent shppers to places like this. They may not be buying as many Big ticket items as you or I might, but they stilla s a whole spend a great deal of money in malls. Furhtermore, He is right in saying that IN ITS CURRENT STAGE other town centers are better. As afh pointed out, it is still being built. Besides, ther is nothing wrong with there opinion AS LONG AS it is constructive, and not jsut meant to be rude. Wolfdawg is a frequenter here and I beleive he jsut graduated HS (Wolfdawg, correct me if Im worng). Ive never felt his statements were immature and uninsightful...

Anyway, not trying to single you out, just making a statement, Take form it what you will as no ill will is intended

Cheers

J

Archived