St. Johns Town Center

vladittude0583

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice to everyone is to ignore this guy. He's still in high school. I highly doubt that he has been to Jacksonville let alone the Town Center. He's probably never really been outside of the Tampa, Orlando, Miami area. I mean this guy can't even vote. No gjoseph class president and superlatives do not count. Go watch an episode of Orange County and leave this to the "grown-ups"

I wouldn't be so quick to judge a forumer based on his or her age. There are numbers of good, mature formers here on Urban Planet under 18 who have valuable input and questions.

I always say lets not let one bad apple spoil all the good fruit.

In saying that I would like for our friend gjoseph to jusitfy his statement with some type of example.

I aplogize to those I offended. Based on gjoseph's past post I know that his last post was not constructive criticism. If you go back and look at the things he's posted and topics he has started you'll know exactly where I was coming from. No I don't feel you were singling me out by the way. I really felt that he didn't have a point posting that. There was no logical explanation or anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates with the Town Center? I'd like to see renderings or a list of tenants if anybody has them. I'd also like to see more detailed residential plans. I have a three hour break between classes at UNF this semester and will probably spend some time there.

Any updates with the Town Center? I'd like to see renderings or a list of tenants if anybody has them. I'd also like to see more detailed residential plans. I have a three hour break between classes at UNF this semester and will probably spend some time there.

I just finished working @ the AE store @ the Town Center and the store manager had some interesting tidbits to share w/me concerning the development of Phase II...

They're actually starting construction on the land now (slowly) until all the "LEASES" are finished with the remaining store....

The store manager told me due to her contacts w/the Simon Mall Manager or whatever that these stores aren't coming and vice-versa...

These are from my store manager hearing the words uttered by the SIMON mall managers, etc...

WHAT'S NOT COMING:

1) Urban Outfitters isn't coming b/c of the Anthropologie store opening (too similar in clothing)

2) Macy's isn't ocming due to Dillard's and the similarities they share

WHAT'S COMING:

1) They did say that CHARLIE'S steakery is coming

2) Some BISTRO place is coming

3) Perhaps a LORD & TAYLOR or SAKS might be coming

4) Nordstrom is definitely going to be there

5) Possibility of Neiman also

6) It might be these three main dept. stores: Saks, Nords, Neiman

7) LACOSTE is definitely coming (can't wait for this store)

8) I believe she said Chanel or something

these are just words from SIMON mngr of Phase I of SJTC... not definite yet... who knows what surprise they have in store for us :-)

Well, that all sounds good to me. I loved Urban Outfitters when I lived in Yankeeland, but agree that it is too similar to Anthropologie. Macy's and Dillard's also share many similarities so swapping brands doesn't really appeal to me. Nordstrom, on the other hand, has fantastic shoes. It'd be great to have a Seattle retailer other than Starbucks in Jacksonville. LACOSTE should also receive a warm welcome.

Would it be too much to ask for a Kenneth Cole or anything Armani?

Thanks for the update, Vladittude!

This is some exciting news! I wish Urban Outfitters had come, I thought that store was neat when I went to the one in Charlotte. I hope Phase II is pedestrian friendly, like the actual "town center" area of the development.

Does anyone know what Charlie's Steakary is like?

Thanks for the update, Vladittude!

This is some exciting news! I wish Urban Outfitters had come, I thought that store was neat when I went to the one in Charlotte. I hope Phase II is pedestrian friendly, like the actual "town center" area of the development.

Does anyone know what Charlie's Steakary is like?

From what the Mngr said, Charlie's Steakery is really good and extremely expensive... they had dined (two people) and cost them around $80

Are you sure about the new department stores? I have heard that phase II is more of the smaller stores and then they will incoporate the department stores later.

I have heard following stores for sure:

Charlies steak house - which is better than Ruths chris steak house

Very high end seafood place

very high end thai place

BCBG

Lacoste

Pottery Barn

Following in very close talks right now:

Maybe Pottery Barn kids

Maybe Crate and Barrel

Maybe Luitte Vutton

Maybe Tiffanys

Are you sure about the new department stores? I have heard that phase II is more of the smaller stores and then they will incoporate the department stores later.

I have heard following stores for sure:

Charlies steak house - which is better than Ruths chris steak house

Very high end seafood place

very high end thai place

BCBG

Lacoste

Pottery Barn

Following in very close talks right now:

Maybe Pottery Barn kids

Maybe Crate and Barrel

Maybe Luitte Vutton

Maybe Tiffanys

Well, like I said before... those were just what the Mall Manager @ SJTC said to my store manager while I worked at AE... I am sure that they mall manager knows more about what is going to be built than would the general public since they work for the company.

I also did not say I was 100% sure, but it does make sense in some of the cases especially with Urban Outfitters and Macy's!!!

I do believe that my store manager did say that Tiffany's was coming...

Well, like I said before... those were just what the Mall Manager @ SJTC said to my store manager while I worked at AE... I am sure that they mall manager knows more about what is going to be built than would the general public since they work for the company.

I also did not say I was 100% sure, but it does make sense in some of the cases especially with Urban Outfitters and Macy's!!!

I do believe that my store manager did say that Tiffany's was coming...

I must say the Macy's thing is puzzling. Dillards and Macy's anchor several malls together throughout Florida. Why would Macy's be afraid to enter a market of 1.3 million, because Dillards is an anchor? This brings up another remark. Dillards is an anchor at every mall in Jax, so will Jax ever get a Macy's (Even little ole Lakeland has a Macy's, Belk and Dillards next door to each other in its only enclosed mall).

There is a huge difference between Charlie's Steakhouse and Charlie's Steakery.

Charlie's Steakery is a food court concept that makes minute steak sub sandwiches. Charlie's Steakhouse (no affiliation to the steakery is a popular Central FL (Orlando, Tampa) steakhouse.

Lord & Taylor will also definetly not be a tenant. They pulled out of South and all of Florida (Central, South and Tampa Bay) completely. They have stuffy old winter ladies clothes anyway.

Archived