St. Johns Town Center

vladittude0583

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is some fantastic news, but i really dont go shopping at those stores much. I have been to the original saks and the original bloomingdales, macy's, marshall fields, etc, and they are much nicer and better than all the glorified mall versions that take the originality out of all those famous stores. Having visited the millenia mall in orlando recently only bc i had to, hald of the clothes in these stores i would never buy (t-shirts for $500?!?!) one department store that is too nice for and above the mall concept is bergdorf goodman in NYC, which yes its expensive, but they have regular looking suits and ties, etc. that arent so designerish.

The fact that jville is getting some of these nice stores says something about the growth, progression, and development of jville, but whether we have the mall version of the overly rated nordstrom could make no difference whatsoever to me...

No, Federated, which owns Bloomingdales & Macy's bought out May Co. which owned Lord Taylor & Robinson May (popular out her on the West Coast). Federated is in the process of closing or convert the former May properties into Macy's.

If Macy's isn't coming to Jax it 9 times out of 10 is a leasing deal issue. Too high rental costs or something to the effect.

I would expect and Federated reps have been on record as saying that they are and having doing everything they can to enter the Jax market b/c it's the largest market that they have yet to penetrate. They're in the business of making money and I guarantee they will continue to do what is necessary to get into Jax with multiple stores.

Simon is the developer and partial owner of SJTC and they own the Avenues as well of OP Mall. I would bet money that Simon wants a Macy's at OP and STJC. That is how they have operated in the past and I'm sure Federated wants that as well.

The question that has to be asked is what anchor would fill in the Macy's spot at SJTC is Federated decided not to open there. I'm thinking Saks Inc., but they have the issue of having another one of their store close by in Parisian. They could close Parisian, but they would want to go into the same shell but change the name on the store front. This would save them money and it has been their business practice in the past.

I think that SJTC is doing fine on the very nice sit-down restaurants, but Simon needs to bring in California Pizza Kitchen. You need a place were you can just order something like pizza and not worry about order a full course meal.

As far as the upscale seafood restaurant is concerned, I believe they're going to bring in the upscale seafood restaurant that has been going into recently built upscale malls. That restaurant is McCormich and Schmidt. My idea scenario for restaurants for this second phase would be Houstons, McCormich & Schmidt, California Pizza Kitchen and The Palm Steakhouse. Palm is another popular upscale steakhouse. Probably the 3rd most popular behind Ruth & Morton's.

One of the co-owners of the Palm, whom lives in South Carolina has openingly stated that he and the other owners have visited Jacksonville numerous time and that they would love to open a restaurant in the City if they could find the right location, i.e, right lease deal to paraphrase.

Simon is going to make sure that the 2nd phase of SJTC is top notch. I just hope that they reach out to some of the potential tenants that I mentioned.

• 1 month later...

I am going to get some photos of the "construction" that is going on currently in the phase II section and hopefully some rendering of my own or find the original rendering or something like a drawing of a sort to show where the photos were taken. Sorry for the long wait here. There just hasn't been much to report on "contruction" wise for awhile.

NaNa

My advice to everyone is to ignore this guy. He's still in high school. I highly doubt that he has been to Jacksonville let alone the Town Center. He's probably never really been outside of the Tampa, Orlando, Miami area. I mean this guy can't even vote. No gjoseph class president and superlatives do not count. Go watch an episode of Orange County and leave this to the "grown-ups"

I'm sry if I've offended you guys but yes I'am in High School but I'm expressing my feelings on the shopping between South Florida and International Plaza in Tampa i've been to St. Johns Town Center and I think that it's a nice mall but Tampa, Orlando, and South Florida are in a whole different league in shopping! I mean I congragulate Jacksonville for getting a upscale mall especially since you guys are the only major city in North Florida but I still think it's not a nice as Int. Plaza, Orlando, or South Florida's upscale malls

-Gerald

I'm sry if I've offended you guys but yes I'am in High School but I'm expressing my feelings on the shopping between South Florida and International Plaza in Tampa i've been to St. Johns Town Center and I think that it's a nice mall but Tampa, Orlando, and South Florida are in a whole different league in shopping! I mean I congragulate Jacksonville for getting a upscale mall especially since you guys are the only major city in North Florida but I still think it's not a nice as Int. Plaza, Orlando, or South Florida's upscale malls

-Gerald

I respect your opinion, but keep one thing in mind. The St Johns Town Center isn

All I have to say is that I do agree that there is definitely construction happening at SJTC, but I would not say that it is actually part of Phase II. The construction happening at SJTC to me seems more like outparcels being built by other business not really associated with the actual mall. As far as I know, these are what is being constructed as of right now on the outparcels - BB&T, Wachovia, & IHOP.

I just would like to see some actual construction of "stores" for Phase II!!! All I see so far is nothing but piles of dirt of which SIMON should have mentioned Phase II stores way back in November and construction following soon after. I doubt they will still be able to reach their goal of opening in time for spring 2007 on Phase II.

What do you guys think?

^Yeah, the surrounding development and outparcels followed as quickly as they could after the Town Center opened. Sure, it's all just sprawl when you look at the big picture. But yes, Phase II can't come soon enough! I'm just amazed when I look at the big gaping pasture at the end of the town center!

I haven't seen a retail void that big since I went to the Landing! LOL

^Oh wow, I wasn't expecting a full website! Cool!

Did you use iWeb to make it? :)

Yep! :yahoo: I used iWeb to make and uploaded it to my .mac account (which i think every mac user should have!). I love making websites with iWeb. I will post another photo page to this site if anything changes at SJTC.

:D

NaNa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived