IN PROGRESS: Meeting Street School

Anybody know what's being built on right next to 95 in South Providence (the Eddy St. side of 95, not Allens Ave), south of the hospitals? There's a huge area cleared and being leveled, but I haven't heard anything about what is going there, or what used to be there. It's south of all the 195 construction so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know what's being built on right next to 95 in South Providence (the Eddy St. side of 95, not Allens Ave), south of the hospitals?  There's a huge area cleared and being leveled, but I haven't heard anything about what is going there, or what used to be there.  It's south of all the 195 construction so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that myself recently... I have no idea what's being done there. Good idea to bring it up.

- Garris

The curve in 95 near the hospitals is being smoothed out as part of the 195 relocation, some buildings around the hospital were taken for it, this may be what's up. I'm not sure exactly where you are talking about though.

This is down a little further, and it's a big rectangle that spreads deep into South Providence from the highway, so I don't think it has to do with the 95 re alignment. I'll take a look at it from the bus this afternoon and see exactly what else is around it.

Okay I checked it out today, its right off of 95 at the Thurbers Ave exit (on the southbound side of 95, the Eddy St. side).  It's all dirt and mounds with bulldozers on it right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it's going to be the new Meeting Street School. Does anyone know what's going up on West River St behind the main post office?

I believe it's going to be the new Meeting Street School. Does anyone know what's going up on West River St behind the main post office?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes this is where the new Meeting Street School is being built. It's a pretty innovative modern design.....for Providence anyway...I will try to get a rendering of it.

"Meeting Street School, on Waterman Avenue in East Providence, educates 160 students from preschool through age 21. It broke ground in April for its new building, off Eddy Street in Providence. When completed next fall, the school will implement an inclusion program that educates disabled students alongside their peers instead of setting them apart."

From ProJo Article

Sounds good.

On another note, think it would be a good idea to have a "what the hell is that" forum, for construction projects that we can see but have no idea what they are? Then we could consolidate our questions about unknown projects.

On another note, think it would be a good idea to have a "what the hell is that" forum, for construction projects that we can see but have no idea what they are?  Then we could consolidate our questions about unknown projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your wish is my command: What are they building there?

Yes  this is where the new Meeting Street School is being built.  It's a pretty innovative modern design.....for Providence anyway...I will try to get a rendering of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome, a rendering would be great if you could dig one up.

I renamed this thread to be for the Meeting Street School project. Will it continue to be called the Meeting Street School in it's new location?

Welcome, a rendering would be great if you could dig one up.

I renamed this thread to be for the Meeting Street School project. Will it continue to be called the Meeting Street School in it's new location?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it should be. They started off on Meeting St in Providence before moving to Waterman Ave in East Providence.

I believe it should be. They started off on Meeting St in Providence before moving to Waterman Ave in East Providence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site.

Yes it will still be called Meeting Street School, they have great name recognition and don't want to lose that.

Not sure how to post an image on here.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the address of this project is, or could someone identify it on a map for me somehow?

Thanks.

This is the address of the Burger King that is across the street from this project.

155 Thurbers Avenue, Providence, RI 02903

Not an Eddy street address but at least a point of reference

Archived