Portland Projects & Development

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know you visited so many forums Shazbat, this is the 3rd time I've replied to your post and the 3rd time I've had different replies. :)

Monument plaza will be condos once completed. It will be the first fancy condo project in this area of Congress Street. It is indeed steps away from Monument square. Here is the site as of a few months ago:

monumentplaza8az.jpg

Waterview condos will be a nice partner for the Back Bay towers and will surely add a lot to the skyline from the North and west.

waterviewcondos7rp.jpg

And this will be a hotel and condo combo built on the current site of Jordan's meat plant.

PortlandHilton.jpg

I think the Wheates kicked in the day I started posts at 3 differant skyscraper sites! But hey, how often does Portland have this much developement at one time? We gotta represent! Hell ya! Anyway....thanks for posting the pics of the current sites Corey! I can't wait to compare the before and after pics. It's about time something new goes into Congress Street. And as for Waterview, no doubt it will be a great addition to the skyline. I did read the same news you did about the additional stories to the proposed Westin. I hope it goes through...6 stories isn't much. I also have been reading about another developement in the same vicinity as the Westin which would be around $45 million. Even more....there is also another parking garage or addition going in at Maine Med.....and condos going in somewhere behind city hall (7-8 st.?). With the exception of the failed Lincoln Square (again!), these are good times! Later on I will post pics/clippings of Portland projects that got the axe!

Walker-small.jpg

Walker Terrace, developed by the same folks who did Casco Terrace, is a mixed-income project proposed for the site of an abandoned gas station site on Congress Street. The developers still need to secure financing before they start to build.

A bigger rendering is available at the "projects" section of Archtype's web page here.

Have you ever heard of 20 Pearl Street? I found a couple of interesting projects at the Winton Scott Architects Homepage.....

pearl_2.jpg

pearl_1.jpg

In the works in progress part of the site there is also the Pearl Street Residences, which look pretty impressive. Check it out! www.wintonscott.com

Have you ever heard of 20 Pearl Street? I found a couple of interesting projects at the Winton Scott Architects Homepage.....

pearl_2.jpg

pearl_1.jpg

In the works in progress part of the site there is also the Pearl Street Residences, which look pretty impressive. Check it out! www.wintonscott.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow. the design looks very impressive, know anything else about it?

20 Pearl was an unexpected find. I found it at the Winton Scott Architects website. It is in the office buildings section of the website, but not in the "works in progress". So, I'm thinking this could possibly be an old proposal....maybe late 80's? Maybe that parking lot above could stay around for a while longer! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Another neat find.....the proposed 300 Fore Street:

300forestreet.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. Half of that building has been there for a few years now. Extending the building like in the rendering would be excellent. It looks like 5 floors in that drawing. I think it would like perfect with 8 floors.

commercialoldnew9he.jpg

Edited by CoreyPortlandME

Anything happening up on Munjoy Hill???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

munjoy hills separates the old port from the eastern waterfront. it is a pretty run down part of town (for the most part) where working families live and newly arrived immigrants and the like...for the most part it is an enjoyable neighborhood with a great view of the city from certain spots, but then there are always those who make the neighborhood not worth investing in (in terms of non residential development). however, the eastern waterfront is being developed pretty extensively and so is the edge of the old port that borders munjoy, the slice of land that wraps around the two and connects them is also being developed (all on paper at this stage...for the most art) and it is all part of the master plan to redevelop and extend that part of the city after the ocean gateway cruise ship terminal opens up....new condos, hotels, restaurants and previously the failed arena and mini skyscraper were planned for this neck of the woods. bayside is also witnessing a lot of renovation and new development. so it looks like everything surrounding munjoy is booming, but not munjoy itself. although there looks to be some minor development being done where an old school used to be located. not sure what it is though.