San Jose International Airport

djdany

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much easier said than done to change a flight path. Property owners underneath a flight path give avigation easements... modifying the flight path is bound to conflict with residential neighborhoods in San Jose that do not have a flight path noise issue currently. The redevelopment agency looked into modifying the flight path... not much good news. And unless you want to change the Airport's location to Moffit field and fight Palo Alto and Sunnyvale to get more jet liners over their homes, good luck.

Anyway, since there is a thread on San Jose Internation Airport, please see renderings of the expansion of the Airport here.

art2.jpg

When I flew into San Jose for the first time I was shocked by how close we got to some of the buildings... I could literally see into some of the offices! We couldn't have been more than 500 feet up from the rooftops. Birmingham, Al is another city where you sometimes fly very close to the downtown buildings. If your plan takes the broad swoop to the southeast over Vulcan Mountain you will get a spectacular view if you're on the right side of the plane.

Back to San Jose Int. I hope their new addition will connect the two segments of the airport. I accidently got off the shuttle bus at the wrong one and was told that I'd better just wait for the next one b/c it was a long walk and there were no sidewalks... talk about a stupid layout.

When I flew into San Jose for the first time I was shocked by how close we got to some of the buildings... I could literally see into some of the offices!  We couldn't have been more than 500 feet up from the rooftops.  Birmingham, Al is another city where you sometimes fly very close to the downtown buildings.  If your plan takes the broad swoop to the southeast over Vulcan Mountain you will get a spectacular view if you're on the right side of the plane.

Back to San Jose Int.  I hope their new addition will connect the two segments of the airport.  I accidently got off the shuttle bus at the wrong one and was told that I'd better just wait for the next one b/c it was a long walk and there were no sidewalks... talk about a stupid layout.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the new airport will connect both terminals...

• 5 months later...

San Jose Intl. has got to be among the worst airport designs in the country. Maybe once all the dust has settled, things will be nice and actually make sense. As it is right now, it is comparitively inconvenient. I have to drive out there frequently and I hate it! The international (arrivals) terminal is a joke too; you literally have to wait outside for the arrivals! Cold? Rainy? Too bad! I really hope this isn't the final configuration. At least you can catch a free shuttle bus to the CalTrain/VTA bus terminal in Santa Clara, it'd be nice to incorporate a direct rail connection. I dunno, maybe there is a plan for this??? Everything about the airport as it exists seems to be a design-afterthought, just my opinion. San Francisco Intl. has San Jose beat hands down. I know, I know, I'm complaining too much, I'll shut up now....

Archived