Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Tallahassee Transportation

Florida    0

I didn't get to make it over to Boone... but I was able to get over to Adams to snap a few shots. This Adams really has alot of potential especially for Downtown!

Here's a shot just outside of Downtown, just south of the Turlington Education building... I think this is my favorite road in Tallahassee now.

DS2_0126.jpg

If Widened completely from the point shown in these pictures to Orange Avenue... Adams could serve as the Principal Gateway into the downtown from the Airport, just what we've been looking for.

DS2_0114.jpg

Florida    0

And while we're on the topic...

Work Continues on Orange Avenue. Im not quite sure what the large site they cleared is all about... its possibly a storm water retention pond, but Orange is coming along quickly.

DS2_0116.jpg

nice clicks... If you are driving towards downtown from the south on appalachee like you shot your pics, you can see an awsome view from magnolia (if you can drive and shoot). the offices in that area (florida lottery, hummingbird, etc,) are nice, but i think a redevelopment of that are would be exciting because it is across the cascade valley from downtown.. fourth floor windows would have a great view of downtown, and if they were to sneak up to 10 stories, they would be visable from a significant distance. i think the magnolia/ appalachee proximity would make it a great location... i would hate to lose all the tall pines on park and magnolia though... there nice.

that orange avenue work sure ate up alot of green... but i never heard anyone complain.

Florida    0

I'm glad this thing is back up... I was upset when it went down those few minutes! Anyhow...

Thats the thing with people. Some people welcome it because they understand its in their best interest, and some people don't because they don't want it in their back yards... but they want it. I don't understand NIMBY peeps... especially those in the Bradforville/Killearn area who cried foul when Wal-Mart was planning the store out there... but there has never been a time that I've driven down Thomasville Road and not seen that Parking lot full! From the day they opened those NIMBYs have shopped.

But yeah Orange ate up alot of canopy, Im happy to see it progressed so quickly and hopefully we can get it completed all the way to Capital Circle on each side.

cityboy05    0

I haven't been out on Orange lately. I really loved the trees in that area, but hey they got to do what they got do! This will all work out for the best.

Florida    0

Sure it will. Orange will serve as the primary east-west for the southside once work is complete from Monroe to Capital Circle SE and Wannish to CC SW.

Florida    0

^ You're right about Orange going to Southwood... thats underway currently actually...Monday will become Orange in a since. And yes... you'll have to worry about another light.

yeah, i rode from blairstone to cap cir and it was a lovely twisting road... lots of trees. I saw that orange may go into southwood also... is that true. what would happen to monday street- block it off at capital circle would be my guess so that there would be one less light to compensate for the new big intersection that would create...

Florida    0

well then my question is why do you think they can do it on Park and not on say Miccosukee or Old Bainbridge where things are dangerous.

cityboy05    0

Was park ave. really considerd Canopy? I don't see any room to widen old bainbridge. Well at least on my portion of Old Bainbridge.

Florida    0

Not officially Canopy like our other roads, but it was canopy... the portion that they widened. Old Bainbridge doesn't need to be widened in the 4 lane since... the width of the lanes just need to be stretched.

I'll stop posting for the day... I've reached 1000!

8 Million Dollars awarded to the Cap Cir NW widening from the government. That will allow for 8 million to be shifted to another project. Good news for our HIgh priority road works.

Florida    0

I've heard the money will be used primarily to offset the cost of planning and design, I don't know about everyone else, but I tend to think the Plan and design shouldn't run much more than $1 Million, land acqusition should be the big gorilla... we'll see.