Tallahassee Transportation

Florida

I didn't get to make it over to Boone... but I was able to get over to Adams to snap a few shots. This Adams really has alot of potential especially for Downtown!

Here's a shot just outside of Downtown, just south of the Turlington Education building... I think this is my favorite road in Tallahassee now.

DS2_0126.jpg

If Widened completely from the point shown in these pictures to Orange Avenue... Adams could serve as the Principal Gateway into the downtown from the Airport, just what we've been looking for.

DS2_0114.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice clicks... If you are driving towards downtown from the south on appalachee like you shot your pics, you can see an awsome view from magnolia (if you can drive and shoot). the offices in that area (florida lottery, hummingbird, etc,) are nice, but i think a redevelopment of that are would be exciting because it is across the cascade valley from downtown.. fourth floor windows would have a great view of downtown, and if they were to sneak up to 10 stories, they would be visable from a significant distance. i think the magnolia/ appalachee proximity would make it a great location... i would hate to lose all the tall pines on park and magnolia though... there nice.

that orange avenue work sure ate up alot of green... but i never heard anyone complain.

I'm glad this thing is back up... I was upset when it went down those few minutes! Anyhow...

Thats the thing with people. Some people welcome it because they understand its in their best interest, and some people don't because they don't want it in their back yards... but they want it. I don't understand NIMBY peeps... especially those in the Bradforville/Killearn area who cried foul when Wal-Mart was planning the store out there... but there has never been a time that I've driven down Thomasville Road and not seen that Parking lot full! From the day they opened those NIMBYs have shopped.

But yeah Orange ate up alot of canopy, Im happy to see it progressed so quickly and hopefully we can get it completed all the way to Capital Circle on each side.

yeah, i rode from blairstone to cap cir and it was a lovely twisting road... lots of trees. I saw that orange may go into southwood also... is that true. what would happen to monday street- block it off at capital circle would be my guess so that there would be one less light to compensate for the new big intersection that would create...

• 3 weeks later...

Not officially Canopy like our other roads, but it was canopy... the portion that they widened. Old Bainbridge doesn't need to be widened in the 4 lane since... the width of the lanes just need to be stretched.

I'll stop posting for the day... I've reached 1000!

I've heard the money will be used primarily to offset the cost of planning and design, I don't know about everyone else, but I tend to think the Plan and design shouldn't run much more than $1 Million, land acqusition should be the big gorilla... we'll see.

Archived