Tallahassee Transportation

Florida

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay okay - you got me on the "nice roads" thing TaurenJ - but I don't drive on any of those Nice Ones, save Monroe. *cry*

(I'm slightly fibbing, but none of you would have known that if I hadn't of told on myself.)

I still say that the roads could use definite improvement. I also do not understand why they insist on repaving roads which look bloodly fine to me. And I still want that intersection next to Jenny's Lunchbox fixed. You could bury people there and the hole limits would meet the 6 feet under requirement.

Preludish, I can't do anything about that flood control. But I think it is awesome you're posting so actively, keep it up!

Okay okay - you got me on the "nice roads" thing TaurenJ - but I don't drive on any of those Nice Ones, save Monroe. *cry*

(I'm slightly fibbing, but none of you would have known that if I hadn't of told on myself.)

I still say that the roads could use definite improvement. I also do not understand why they insist on repaving roads which look bloodly fine to me. And I still want that intersection next to Jenny's Lunchbox fixed. You could bury people there and the hole limits would meet the 6 feet under requirement.

As for you Ms. Lady! I definately agree with you on that intersection of Mahan and Magnolia. I thought the comparison to Swiss Cheese was both clever and appropriate! You've truly got a way with words. Thats an asset around here! I also wonder why we repave nice roads, when there are others in more desprate conditions.

Here's another road picture... I just can't resist posting this one.

DSCF1894.jpg

We often forget about Tallahassee's north east side, but it is leading the charge in us becoming a true metro area. I don't like its sprawling characters at time, but everything that is developed in this area, is Grade A quality.

• 4 months later...

I have been searching (TJ can confirm this) for a decent location for a new circle of transit to eliviate the stress on the DT throughways. I cannot find one that does not cost us a ton in terms of either historical signigicants or terrain construction costs.... what are we gooing to do to make the DT residence feel like tennessee, monroe, and gaines are not highwawys they have no merge lane onto! We have 2 universities too near, and alot of beautiful homes on the east/ NEast side of DT. what are we to do! someone else solve the riddle of diverving trafific around our core!

StarMetro is the answer, IMO, at least until we can get street cars or something else. Bringing people in closer to the core will help us to boost the bus ridership. Bring back the trolley. and use signage that directs drivers along our one way streets thru downtown to areas such as Thomasville Road, and Northern Duval which turns into MLK which gets drivers to N. Monroe, Tharpe, and I-10. Bronough turns into Adams which leads to Crawfordville Road, leading to Wakulla county. Pensacola is the road I take home, leading to stadium drive, leading to W Pensacola, Lake Bradford, Airport, Jacksonbluff, and if you'd like, Tennessee Street. People just need to know where to go. We'll never eliminate traffic. Right now it is as good as its going to get. We just need to work on making sure our drivers know where they are going (signage) and improve mass transit participation. I'd love to see beefed up marketing of our transit system.

I sitll wish more people would be more responsible and make some sacrifices around here. I don't see much carpooling, bike riding, walking, bus riding. We've got great sidewalks, bike paths, and now bus transportation to use as alternatives and more people should take advantage of them. I'd rather see more money go into that, than into a study and engineering of a new road that will only encourage more congestion.

If we've got to spend money on transportation, we should start by finishing our Capital Circle beltway, and using whatever clout we have to get a spur route from I-10.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully Mahan widening will happen soon. Looks like Blueprint got a surplus of money and I'm all for using it to widen a gateway road like Mahan to I-10 as long as it doesn't effect monies for Cascades Park. Now if we could just get our local politicians to play nicely in this election year. Yeah I'm talking to you and your nicotine stained hands there Grippa! :P

Democrat Article

Does anyone know the revised timeline for I-10 widening in Leon County? I Googled it and only came up w/stuff on the P'cola segment widening. If I recall correctly, the first portion of this widening should be soon...or has it been postponed again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived