Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities

MINNEAPOLIS - Lake Street Neighborhood

6 posts in this topic

Nice set of pictures with a real personal side. I don't know anything about this area, any further information?

Yes, Lake Street is always interesting, a real mix of immigrants and ethnic groups--Somalis, Hispanics, Asians, etc. And it's always struck me that twenty-five minutes south of Lake Street, you can be in standard upper midwestern cornfield/farming culture.

Everytime I go up there I head to the East Lake and Bloomington area to wander around all the mercados and eat the terrific Mexican food. Being from New Orleans, I always grab a 18 piece at the Popeye's, too. I also find the Native American neighborhood between Lake and Franklin interesting.

I don't recall any other U.S. city with a native american urban neighborhood. I think, too, that Minneapolis is the headquarters for the eastern band of the Sioux.

I like photographs with a unique perspective that totally destroy any preconcieved notion of a place.

Really great thread!!

L89_20m.jpg

I'm very confused, because I'm pretty sure frogs don't have hair. :unsure:

A tribute to the people... that's what I call this EXCELLENT collection of pics. Great thread!!!