Winn Dixie closing Charlotte stores, dstrbtn cntr.

DigitalSky

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that a FoodLion will end up at its location on Sunset Road. They have taken over at least one other WinnDixie location and maybe more. The FL on The Plaza was once a WinnDixie.

For the one at Northcross (Exit 25) I don't know. It is a more upscale location, but all of the upscale stores in Charlotte have already staked out the area.

Where are the other WinnDixies in CLT?

I would be really surprised if Kroger came back into the area.

Where are the other  WinnDixies in CLT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Metro, here are the WD's in Mecklenburg:

Alleghany St (near Freedom mall)

Little Rock Rd & Freedom Drive

Sunset Rd & Statesville Avenue

Eastway & Central (wal-mart shopping cntr)

Milton Road (East WT Harris & North Sharon Amity)

University City Blvd & Pavillion Drive

York Rd (hwy 49) at Moss Rd

E Arrowood Rd & South Blvd

Pineville-Matthews Rd (McMullen Creek Shopping Cntr)

and the Sam Furr Rd in H'ville that you mentioned

also, the Winn-Dixie in Weddington and Stallings are very close to the Union-Mecklenburg County line.

update - just saw the report on the news - They said Winn-Dixie will first try to work with grocery stores already in the area to see if they can fill these stores if anything... so probably Lowe's, Food Lion, HT...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt if HT or LF will take many of the W-D locations...they are exactly in their "target" markets.

The one in Stallings is pretty pathetic. I don't think even Food Lion would want that one. Neither would Lowe's, but for "saturation" sake, HT might consider it. I doubt it though. That whole plaza will finally go under now if Winn Dixie leaves. All there is there is a family type restaurant, Chinese food place, nail salon or something, Dollar General, and a Burger King that has different prices/promotions that the ones in the Charlotte area because it is in Union County. Weird! There has also been property for sale in back of that Petro Express for like 5 years. No one wants to go there! There is some guy that burns trash on the side of his house like 5 days a week across from that plaza. Talk about being in hickville....

I doubt if HT or LF will take many of the W-D locations...they are exactly in their "target" markets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i know a lot of locations aren't in the most desirable areas, but for example, this could be Lowes' Foods chance to become more competitive and bring in more stores...

Archived