California Bullet Trains

Showtime24

Well, I know for a fact South West can not beat $55.00

and once their long term fuel contract ends they will not be able to come close.

Also I bet travel times would be pretty simular depending on check in and security etc...

the reality is that in the long term this will be a great advantage to the West Coast.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how this is seen as viable. $55.00? Good luck. Many shinkansen lines in Japan operate at a loss - more of a service than anything else, with those loses being bolstered by other JR local line revenues. A ticket like that will not sustain the line as operational. I'm wondering too at the time in transit - I guess that's when the power is actually turned on in California? No rolling blackouts, please! Might delay the trip...... ^_^ Last I checked, these things required a significant amount of power. Is there enough to go around?

Archived