Retail blunders or idiocies...

I'm not sure if you guys realize that teh Dick's at southpark is actually a Galyan's, the store was designed to be a Galyan's and nothing has really changed. The Galyan's that I had been to had nothing to offer that that Dick's at southpark doesnt have to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks around for a while, its a really nice store much better than the suburban Dick's ive been into.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if you guys realize that teh Dick's at southpark is actually a Galyan's, the store was designed to be a Galyan's and nothing has really changed. The Galyan's that I had been to had nothing to offer that that Dick's at southpark doesnt have to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks around for a while, its a really nice store much better than the suburban Dick's ive been into.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Galyan's had more specialized merchandise. That's why the store has a climbing wall. Dick's doesn't even sell climbing gear

Next, Southpark will get a BJ's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I bet the mall management was livid when they found out a store with the name of "Dick's" would have their marquee on the side of the mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DICK'S is all a person can make out on the sign from Fairview Road.

I have a friend in CT that had a Dick's open in his neighborhood with a huge banner that read "DICK'S: Coming Soon."

I didn't realize this before, but apparently, (and contrary to some of my previous postings), there IS more retail square footage, above what is currently planned on the old Symphony Park site, that is allowable by zoning on the Mall site.

I was speaking with the architect the other day, and he explained that when they tore down Sears, they didn't build back the full amount that they removed.

He said that the extra square feet would probably be used in a Neiman's expansion, or a Dick's expansion. There's no telling what they could erect...

Archived