Live 8 "Survival Guide"

city guy

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the show and it was great to see all races and varying music types get together so well. The estimates are that there were 1 million people at the Philly show and from what I saw I would not doubt that in the least. The support kind of blows the European cities out of the water, but thats not surprising. Of course the demographics were very different as the Philly crowds average age looked to be about 20 whereas the London show looked more like 45.

Pink Floyd set was incredible to say the least.

All in all I thought Philly and PA. came off great. I talked to a lot of people and most were from NY -Philly-DC corridor.

Everest, I agree. Also at the show and the crowd was incredible. Coming and going

all day ran into so many friendly people from all over the country. It was so well

run, easy access to bathrooms, food everywhere from vendors. I was amazed it all

worked so well.

Philly has this giant crowd control thing down really well. Alot of my friends who stayed

with me from out of town couldn't believe how smooth it all is pulled off.

After dinner we all walked down to the fireworks for another huge crowd on Penns Landing.

All the families were incredible, little kids everywhere and a great R&B concert with Reuben

Stutter and Stephanie Mills. Much more mature crowd, alot of older people on lawn chairs.

And fireworks show sinc to music...20 minutes long.

Philly gets major kudos for an incredible daylong event. Bring on the 4th party!

Philly has this giant crowd control thing down really well.  Alot of my friends who stayed

with me from out of town couldn't believe how smooth it all is pulled off.

I think that, after so many major events from the RNC to the Disney shareholders meeting to Bio to Live 8, Philadelphia is now as practiced as any city to hold major events. Hopefully others will take notice and more large events are staged here rather than in the overplayed NYC. Phila should also try for some major prestigious events like the G8 summit or the WTO. Philadelphia has shown that it will not be overwhelmed the way Seattle was when it hosted the WTO.

Archived