Off Topic: T-Mobile in North Carolina?

cosmoboy

Hey guys! I know this is kind of off topic but do you think they will ever come to here in North Carolina? Since, i'm in college and I know ALOT of people who would drop their current plan to move to T-Mobile! All the states around us have T-Mobile coverage and stores in them. All NC has is the coverage. :( It sucks bigtime that they won't come here because i'm stuck paying $59.95 for 850 minutes (which I almost use every month so forget Rollover) but with T-Mobile i could get 1000 minutes for $39.99. So you do the math! :D I e-mailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.

Post em! :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their coverage is not that good.  In fact you can't use their phones in most of the USA.  You get what you pay for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never knew that, thanks! $39.99 for 1000 minutes does sound a bit cheap on the coverage. Now Cingular does sound more heavenly! :wub:

The only reason I'd like to see T-Mobile in the Carolinas (there's no service in Upstate SC either) is so Starbucks could have wireless internet service. Although, the local Starbucks here says they're currently negotiating with another provider since there's an absence of T-Mobile here.

Oh well...I'm hooked on Port City Java now anyway! :lol:

There's T-Mobile in NC, but it's around Goldsboro area and towards Hampton Roads Metro. A friend of mine from college has T-Mobile and she's from Goldsboro area. I like T-Mobile's Samsung phones though. But I'm sticking with Sprint. They have Fair and Flexible plans and some of their markets offer nights and weekends minutes at 5 PM. But Sprint's phone line up changes every month or so. A brand new phone that just came out 5 months ago will be out of date. IMO, Sprint has the best internet plan on their cells, $15 for unlimited usages and that comes with 100 text messages and unlimited picture share. With Cingular, their M Mobile internet, you would have to pay a $3 fee then $.03 for every kilobyte you use.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, what is the deal with T-mobile, It seems as if there is some kind of forcefield keeping T-mobile out of both carolinas. I called and the guy was like we must not have any towers their.

Un huh, whatever something tells me there are politics at work here. Either between the State or the cell phone companies.

All I know is if I cant use or buy T-mobile phones here. Then stop showing me the commercials on my television.

Yeah, what is the deal with T-mobile, It seems as if there is some kind of forcefield keeping T-mobile out of both carolinas.  I called and the guy was like we must not have any towers their. 

Un huh, whatever something tells me there are politics at work here. Either between the State or the cell phone companies.

All I know is if I cant use or buy T-mobile phones here. Then stop showing me the commercials on my television.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly how I feel! :D

My question is, why would anyone even care if we 'got T-mobile'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, my answer to you is that I think they offer pretty great deals on plans so why not come here when every other state around us has T-Mobile stores and coverage. Who wouldn't want to have 1000 minutes for just $39.99. Plus, as somebody else pointed out, if you aren't going to come here then stop showing the commercials on my TV.

• 1 year later...

I disagree. I have been a T-Mobile customer since October, 2000. Since that period of time, I have lived in four different locations and have traveled to numerous countries and have never had a problem.

I lived in two different places in North Idaho, lived in Eureka in Northern California and now live in Lansing, MI. I had coverage in all of those areas. Moving out to Michigan from Idaho, I had coverage along the interstates the whole way here. In addition, since 2004 I have been to Canada and 9 countries in Europe and had coverage in each country.

T-Mobile may not have the most complete coverage out of all of the cell phone companies, but it is certainly comparable. You're right that you get what you pay for.

I disagree. I have been a T-Mobile customer since October, 2000. Since that period of time, I have lived in four different locations and have traveled to numerous countries and have never had a problem.

I lived in two different places in North Idaho, lived in Eureka in Northern California and now live in Lansing, MI. I had coverage in all of those areas. Moving out to Michigan from Idaho, I had coverage along the interstates the whole way here. In addition, since 2004 I have been to Canada and 9 countries in Europe and had coverage in each country.

T-Mobile may not have the most complete coverage out of all of the cell phone companies, but it is certainly comparable. You're right that you get what you pay for.

But what about NC? Ive always heard a lot of disapproval about Sprint and T-Mobile from many people. Verizon and Alltel are by far the best in the Carolinas, then Cingular.

My question is, why would anyone even care if we 'got T-mobile'?
They're a global brand doing biz in the US, UK, Austria, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Germany, Croatia, and Hungary. Funny, Catherine Zeta-Jones does their commercials in the US and UK, but in the UK and Northern Ireland, she says "T-Mo-bEYEle. Here she says T-mobul.

i want t-mobile. cingular sucks, since their no dropped call ad, mine get dropped left and right

I want to throw something through the TV every time I see a cingular dropped call ad. The convulsions are a result of bad memories of my two years with them which ended (thankfully), in March 06. Viva la Verizon!!!!

I've heard T Mobile is AWFUL, PLAIN AWFUL, and can't imagine how anything could have been worse than cingular. FWIW, it's no loss to NC that we dont have them yet.

yeah, i have found verizon to be the better of the networks as far as signal quality.

I agree, up until my phone that I've now had for two years (which I guess makes it a dinosaur) just recently started going defunct, I've had a perfect signal in almost all areas of north Charlotte, UC, and Concord. Even on the interstate down to Florida I was amazed at how strong of a signal I was getting for the majority of my trip.

DITTO! :wub::wub: I wish she was my cell-phone company's spokesman, instead I'm stuck with a weird looking orange guy that looks like roadkill because he's flat and stretched out.

At least your's doesn't look like Spiderman in disguise. I'm still waiting for them to air a commercial with SM sitting on top of the Chrystler building's crown saying "can you hear me now?"

I've also always wondered why TMobile advertises so much in Charlotte if you can't get their service here. Is it to draw SC people that live within the metro?

At least your's doesn't look like Spiderman in disguise. I'm still waiting for them to air a commercial with SM sitting on top of the Chrystler building's crown saying "can you hear me now?"

I've also always wondered why TMobile advertises so much in Charlotte if you can't get their service here. Is it to draw SC people that live within the metro?

:lol: But, I was in Eckerd Pharmacy the other night and I noticed above the register on a shelf were pay-as-you-go phones from Cingular, Verizon, Tracfone, Virgin, AND T-Mobile. I think that's the reason why they advertise so much here is because you can get their pre-paid phones and cards here in NC. But, i've always had exceptional service from Cingular! I went up to Rendezvous Mountain in rural Wilkes County and while I had no service I switched it to a different band on my phone so I was able to feed off of another network and I was still able to make calls. I have always gotten a signal in my basement and in closed rooms with no windows where Verizon customers couldn't even get a signal. I think the reason why there are so many dissatisfied Cingular customers out there is because of their crappy customer service which is truly disgraceful and terrible!

• 1 year later...

Archived