Jax beach Aerial photos

mcruder

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots! Even though I've flown in and out of Jax dozens upon dozens of times, I've never been able to get a good view of the Jax beaches. We always seem to fly over the St. Mary's river and turn inland from there.

For everyone's reference, that single freeway loop is the merger of JTB and A1A, which also functionally doubles as the Duval/St. Johns county line. Everything south of that loop is actually Ponte Vedra.

Great shots! Even though I've flown in and out of Jax dozens upon dozens of times, I've never been able to get a good view of the Jax beaches. We always seem to fly over the St. Mary's river and turn inland from there.

For everyone's reference, that single freeway loop is the merger of JTB and A1A, which also functionally doubles as the Duval/St. Johns county line. Everything south of that loop is actually Ponte Vedra.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the kind words! =) I am a General Aviation pilot, so I can almost fly wherever and whenever I want. I can only take pictures when I "backseat" a training flight so the pictures are limited to where that person flies. I will try to take some whenever I can.

Thanks for the kind words! =) I am a General Aviation pilot, so I can almost fly wherever and whenever I want. I can only take pictures when I "backseat" a training flight so the pictures are limited to where that person flies. I will try to take some whenever I can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if you ever "backseat" on a training flight that flies near downtown, be sure to take a digital camera!!! We have far too few aerials of Jacksonville. Aside from those superbowl ones, most tend to be very old.

Do you fly out of Craig?

Well, if you ever "backseat" on a training flight that flies near downtown, be sure to take a digital camera!!! We have far too few aerials of Jacksonville. Aside from those superbowl ones, most tend to be very old.

Do you fly out of Craig?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will try, most of the flights are in the practice area, which is south of JTB to St. Augustine. The only way I can possibly get a shot of downtown is if I backseat a x-country flight to the west or if I backseat an instrument flight shooting approaches into Herlong. I have 3 year old aerials of downtown, if you want them, I will try to see if I can scan them in. Yes I do fly out of Craig.

Archived