Why George W. Bush Really Invaded Iraq

Asian-American

Hey all,

This was an article I thought was interesting because it neither provides the Republican or Democrat explanations for why Bush invaded Iraq: it provides a completely unique and politically independent explanation: http://www.vdare.com/misc/macdonald_neoconservatism.htm But, I have to admit that I don't really understand too well the arguments made by Professor kevin MacDonald in the article because he uses such academic terms.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Paleoconservatives" thats funny.

I voted for Bush, wasn't really excited about it, what dismays me more then Bush's mismanagement (and there will always be mismanagement whoever is in there) is the total shutdown or shutout of the Democratic Party, and it's not for lack of pathos, Dean is proving that, its for lack of a clear alternative, at least thats my take. I don't love having Gitmo open and if I had my way Iraq would be over tommorrow, but at the same time I'd like a lot of things that just aren't possible right now, what really is the alternative, true the GOP is not batting 1000 at all, but really if the Dems took over tommorrow would we be out of Iraq in a year? And if we were is that really the best course in the longrun? I really believe that the dems will win back the Senate possibly the House in 06 and have a good shot at the WH in 08 but really will things change all that much, I have gotten disgusted at both parties at this point, they bicker about where the deck chairs should be as the country is hitting icebergs of terrorism, oil shocks, and china trade, and Bush did not live up to any of the promise of bringing us out of the wilderness, I wonder where we would be right now if Perot won in 92. These career politicans have really lost touch, I think both parties have, when Feinstein is a Dem leader and is paying her bills off her husbands virtual slave trade in China, Bush has cabinet links to contractors making billions on oil prices, just tired of all this bs.

Hey all,

This was an article I thought was interesting because it neither provides the Republican or Democrat explanations for why Bush invaded Iraq: it provides a completely unique and politically independent explanation: http://www.vdare.com/misc/macdonald_neoconservatism.htm  But, I have to admit that I don't really understand too well the arguments made by Professor kevin MacDonald in the article because he uses such academic terms.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

V Dare is hardly "middle of the road", or non-partisan. One look at the site with its anti-immigration propaganda told me that. If the guy had his way, the possibility of your screen name for this site would be non-existent.

^What exactly does Halliburton do, anyways?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dick Cheney used to be an executive with Halliburton (President, Chairman of the Board or CEO, I forget) and Halliburton has gotten virtually all of the contracts (over $8billion worth) to "rebuild" Iraq. Halliburton provides infrastructure support for oil and gas companies. They got this job WITHOUT the job being put up for bid. The 'Pubs justify this by saying Cheney had divested all Halliburton holdings and that Halliburton was the "only" company that could tackle the job, but even if that is true, he's still buddies with the powers that be at Halliburton and I believe it is a huge conflict of interest and a sweetheart deal that we are all paying for.

Here are both sides of the argument:

Halliburton website

Halliburton watch

War profiteers

Archived